Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

New Mancubus

For those who have seen the July issue of PC Gamer. there's a pic that's greenish due to lighting. with a guy that looks like the New Mancubus. Well what's your take on this guy is he the new Mancubus? and if he is are you happy with his new look?

Nightmare Doom said:

Mancubus looks like Cthulhu

What does Cthulu look like? I've seen all the videos to date and I haven't seen anything that looks like a Mancubus to me. I've seen a couple things I can't think of what they are but nothing that resembles a Mancubus.

-E

Wierd, in a previous PC Gamer I was pretty sure that Tim Willits state that it would be female...

I was sure that the mancubus would be female (and I do remember seeing a large yet somewhat slim female monster in a screenshot somewhere) but that pic in PC Gamer looks like a Mancubus, too... maybe they have both a male and a female version? Or they could be different creatures, only one of them being the 'mancubus.'

Some article mentioned the Mancubus being more feminine in some way, but they didnt go into detail except that they werent talking about the fat man tits... At least that's how I remembered it. Hmm

It was the PC Gamer for November 2002. They stated that the Mancubus would infact be female in appearance and very large and fat. Now, note that they could have changed it by now like they did the archvile, assuming what we thought was the archvile before was ever it in the begin with and not something else, however they changed it to look like the original. This thing has three strikes against it being the Mancubus: 1.) The mancubus never had a tube or mask coming out of it's mouth, 2.) It's not female as they said it was going to be, and 3.) It's not fat and grotesque at all like they said it would and should be. (I have the November 2002 PC Gamer magazine, so I know all this)

Now I saw this scan too and I wonder why anybody assumes this creature would be the new Mancubus, because (tentacles or gender aside) it simply isn´t very FAT.
But it looks cool anyways.

The new Mancubus looks really weird, especially because of the tentacles/pipes that are coming out of his face and neck. But like others said it looks really cool.

DD_133 said:

Tehre's a screeen? Where! O_O

Shapeless said:

For those who have seen the July issue of PC Gamer. there's a pic that's greenish due to lighting. with a guy that looks like the New Mancubus.

I hope it isn't the new mancubus. It's yet another Doom3 monster design I've found really disappointing. I looked at that picture, and all I could think of was Dr Zoidberg from Futurama.

toxicfluff said:

I hope it isn't the new mancubus. It's yet another Doom3 monster design I've found really disappointing. I looked at that picture, and all I could think of was Dr Zoidberg from Futurama.

Lol my thoughts exactly.....

Lol wtf, Zoidberg? I love the new manc face, I think it looks great.

DaJuice said:

Lol wtf, Zoidberg? I love the new manc face, I think it looks great.

Yea I guess everyones got there own opinions but oh well its still all good cuz its just gunna be one more target, and a nice fat one at that.

Most likely waddle.

And for some reason, I'm very curious what sound(s) the Manc will make, now that *SPOILER* most of its face is covered in fleshy tentacles. *SPOILER*

The mancubus to me looks incredibly demonic and disturbing; just wait til you see it in motion; my eyes dropped.

etimmerAZ said:

Saw the new one, looks good.

I wonder if it'll walk or waddle.

It bursts into tremendous energy when it fires those dual weapons; but otherwise it has this half walk/waddle stride. I only saw it waddle, but since you can hear it through halls - its safe to say it walks as well.

Just saw the scans. I think I like the new design. Looks like Ctulhu yes, but very freaky.

OK if you want a scan PM me. and I got a better view of him at chapsters. It is in fact the Manc. I pulled the margins apart. and it does have cannons for arms. the hole of the cannon glows blue inside.