Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Is anyone else a giant pussy?

Scariest thing for me is when you're getting chased by something you can't kill. The blue behemoths in half-life, just about any of the resident evil series, silent hill... I HATE that. If I can frag it, I can keep *decently* calm, but if I can't do crap I like freak and usually end up running into a wall or something.

Relica Religia said:

Probably the scariest thing for me, is when you THINK there's something there, but you haven't seen it.

Now that you mention it, I wonder if there's going to be spectres in doom 3. Cool.

BlueSonnet said:

Now that you mention it, I wonder if there's going to be spectres in doom 3. Cool.

hm good point...

I dunno, that's wierd now that someone mentions it! There's no way they'd just be the invisible pinky demons... I'd more assume it to be like pissed off ghosts in hell...

BlueSonnet said:

Gotta be the first to say it: Wussies!! :P

I try not to get emotional when i play these games in order to play them better ("the will to fight is only created when all emotions are cast aside" that's my motto. Yeah, i'm a scrappy type). Sometimes i get a little disturbed, but still i often come back later to admire what a cool effect the scene was.

I intend to play doom 3 in the dark, at midnight, with headphones on no less >:).

Same here. Alone, in the dark, with headphones. I cant wait.

Alone. Late at night. Headphones...

AVP2 did the buildup really well, and the use of sound in that game was excellent too. By the time the first alien burst through a vent at me I was strung pretty taught and the mouse was getting real sweaty.

Doom 3 is going to be far, far better, I know it... ;)

tsareppsun said:

"THOUSAND YARD STARE"

Heh. If you're looking for more games to add to your list, find a copy of System Shock 2. Looks very dated by todays standards, but its hella creepy.

System Shock 2 and Silent Hill 3 are the only games that have never unnerved me. Though resident evil did a pretty good job of scaring me.
Doom3 should be interesting to say the least

from what I've seen, Doom 3 looks like a cross between Silent hill and Alien Vs Predator... guess what two games are on my ‘Captain red is a wuss’ list?

I'm gonna play this with a big screen, 6 channel headphones (they have 6 speakers in them, giving you surround sound, but in headphones,) and the lights out.

SirTimberWolf said:

System Shock 2 and Silent Hill 3 are the only games that have never unnerved me. Though resident evil did a pretty good job of scaring me.
Doom3 should be interesting to say the least

i dont know how RE can scare anyone, other than the surprise of a zombie falling out of a closet.
silent hill3 tried to be a little more like RE, thus not being as scary. silent hill2 however left you with that disturbed feeling.

doom3 should be good, though you may want to have a good speaker setup over head phones, if you live in your own house that is. or if no one is home. i know i got my surround sound doom ready

I played the first RE and at the time I had this very unusual fear of being eaten alive... too many zombie movies as a kid i guess.
yeah SH2 did a pretty good job, especialy when you sat down and figured out all the plot connections.. (I just played it and beat it last week, lol)

I don't get scared TOO often in games. But the last game to really get to me and make me uncomfortable was the "Cradle" level in Thief 3. If you want a level that mess. you. up. Then that's the one for you. Even Thiefers who said the Silent Hill games didn't phase them said they were scared to go to bed after playing that level. :D

I'm hoping Doom 3 elicits some of those same feelings. It's actually fun to allow yourself to get scared. It's the people who refuse to let that happen who are the ones who are missing out. I still remember being freaked out by my first encounter with a cyberdemon in the original game.

The noises of his footsteps.... I swore he was coming right for my hiding spot. (It's not until later that I realized how poor the AI was and how he'd get stuck on the architecture so I was in no real danger at that moment).

tsareppsun said:
To bad I won't be there with most of ya'll to experience it on the day on it's release cuz my pc not strong enough to run it.

Don't worry, you are not alone. Although I have the money for a new computer, I don't have room for it. I am still excited though because I know once I get to play it, it will be in full detail.

Zygar said:

I'm gonna play this with a big screen, 6 channel headphones (they have 6 speakers in them, giving you surround sound, but in headphones,) and the lights out.

Which headphones are those? Sorry to go off-topic, but I've been looking around for 5.1+ headphones, zalman and such. Suggestions would be great :)

Alientank said:

I've been playing the alpha (hope thats legal to say) and even this thing gives me chills, I'm a giant pussy when it comes to horror games and I have a hard time finishing them because I get too freaked. Anyone else like this? I have this feeling that with Doom 3 I'm going to be scared shitless to the point where I need to leave the game and go play it online where there's no monsters :p I couldn't even finish fatal frame for xbox, I had to tell myself the game sucked, and that was my excuse for stopping despite the fact it was a sweet game.

Yeah I've played the full game. Not on my comp of course, it sux shit. But on my buddy's comp. The Full version ISO is out there. But yeah... stealing is wrong..

POTGIESSER said:

But yeah... stealing is wrong..

Especially from a company I respect and think deserves everyone's money for their hard work.

Jomero said:

Especially from a company I respect and think deserves everyone's money for their hard work.

Well considering it's the only way to play it before it hits stores, it doesn't bother me the least. It's actually worth the money.

POTGIESSER said:

Well considering it's the only way to play it before it hits stores, it doesn't bother me the least. It's actually worth the money.

If you're still going to buy it, then I don't as much of a problem with you. It's the idiotic "Well, they are gonna make a ton of money anyway!" notion that I hate. It's an insult to me the consumer, to the hardworking people of iD, and the original games with their spiel about reporting Piracy on the exit of each game.

You know, i think its gonna be scary in a completely different way than doom 1 and 2. Doom 1 and 2 are really only scary anymore if something pops up at you or you don't have the equipment to take something down. Doom 3 sounds like its gonna be scary cause of the monsters and environments actually being scary. That aspect sounds awesome.

I dont find them freaky I just get a rush from wasteing demons especialy when there trying to kill me from a foot away and I have a mini-gun.