Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant100

Doom Builder and zDoom features

I'm just curious, is it possible to force Doom Builder to be able to use some zDoom features, like specifically, slopes? Right now I've just started my first map in Doom Builder, but I wanted to use some of the zDoom stuff in it. I've done some testing in WadAuthor and have made some slopes and it seems in the editor it's just a linedef action and a ceiling and floor height. Can this be done in Doom Builder? Right now the 3d mode has become an invaluable tool to me since I've only tried making maps in one other game with the same thing so I can align textures and see what it looks like before I test it (And apparantly my WadAuthor trial has expired), so I don't want to have to finish the map in Doom Builder and then use another level editor just to change a bunch of linedefs.

Anyway I'm new at level editing at Doom in general, so bare with me if I'm not clued in on all this. Any help is appreciated.

Doom builder cannot currently display slopes in 3d mode. You'll have to do the offsets manually. However, doom builder does have excellent zdoom support.

Change your "game" to "Zdoom (Doom in Hexen format)". Do this from the Options->Configuration->Files menu.

Alright, thanks, it works now. The Hexen thing threw me off, but I thought I was doing something wrong when it didn't appear in 3d mode.

Just went and poked my slope test map -- the sloping dosn't deform the textures on the walls of the affected sector at all, so you can just change the heights of the sectors to simulate the seams you'll have when the slopes are in place, allign the textures, and reset things.

Heck, now that I think about it ... my example uses a sector that is indistinguishable from the floor in the editor, and slopes it to the upper connect point. If you do the reverse, start high and slope to the floor, you may be able to just work on it as stands.