Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duncan

Help with upcoming megawad

Hi everyone. I know you haven't heard a lot from me before even though Ive been here for the good part of a year. Im not the most confident of mappers so ive never ever released anything before. However, I have a megawad (30 levels) under construction. All 30 maps have been made but lack that doom like oomf about them and I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble for someone more experienced to give me a hand so that it is releasable without embarassment. I definitely lack detail and originality. Also, one or two of the maps are pretty damn awful and need a huge makeover. The thing is, they're aren't all terribly good overall, yet still show slight promise and with a little extra work, it is possible that it may blossom into a megawad worth releasing. These are my first serious maps (I have made many others before, but just for the hell of it, not for release). So anyone willing to give me a hand, or some advice. If so, I can come up with demos and screenshots to give you an idea of what my levels are like. Don't worry if you can't spare the time though--its probably taken long enough to read all this crap as it is.
Thanks!!!

PS by the way, even though Im not the best mapper, I am NOT a Newbie to Doom!! Just wanna make that clear!

It takes a lot of commitment to make a 30-level megawad on your own, even if the levels are 'bad' (though maybe they arent as bad as you think they are?, not everyone can make a P:AR or DV), anyway, i'd be interested in taking a look i suppose, to check it out and maybe advise you

BlackFish said:

omg [newproject]

Did you actually read his post? He says that 30 maps have been made - that's plenty to "show first".

if you want advice, you should post a link with screenshots. the fact that you already have 30 levels has intrigued me.

Yeah... You could... hmn, put the whole thing somewhere over the net, and PM me nad the others the link to download. I could help, since I have planty of time right now.

thanks very much for your interest! Something unusual has happened since i posted the thread and 4 or 5 of my levels have (rather randomly) become unplayable with a Z_Malloc heap size error. Anyone know how to fix this!?

Well I've given up on my broken lvels and am now constructing a base for a few more before I need your help! Still need to do maps25, 26, 29, 31 and 32--hopefully won't take too long if i salvage other work and modify it

I've got an old scrapped map from my old MOHIH project. If you want, I can finish it and turn it over to you.

Thanks darkhaven but it's okay--I found some written designs i did a while ago and am using them--I will post screenshots once finished. Like I say, it shouldnt take too long--help will be very much appreciated as i hate terrible levels being released yet mine arent exactly up to scratch