Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Betchanz

Whats the deal with ua-corp.com?

I guess everyone has noticed ua-corp.com is counting down to the release of Doom3. So whats the relationship between ua-corp.com and doom3.com? Is it necessary to have both sites, or will they can ua-corp.com once Doom3 is out? Perhaps ua-corp will be for Real fans and host user type mods/material while Doom3.com is purely commercial?

Alot of companies that do movies, music, and etc. have multiple websites to advertise their games. What I'm mostly interested in is what's going to happen once the countdown reaches zero on the ua-corp website.

Since the beginning, I was under the impression that doom3.com was Activision's DOOM 3 site, and ua-corp.com was id's DOOM 3 site.

Confirm, deny?

Yeah, I just did a whois on both sites. Doom3.com does in fact belong to Activision. UA-Corp.com is registered to id.

burn. eat it. :D

Anyway, yeah, it's cool... that ua-corp site has been sitting still for a couple of years, with the message "Connection Unavailable" and now it's got that cool count-down.

Very nice.

Melfice said:

What I'm mostly interested in is what's going to happen once the countdown reaches zero on the ua-corp website.

Hehe. The url will die because 1000000 people will be waiting simultaneously for the countdown to reach zero :P

Yeah, there's nothing in the flash file after the countdown, and with good reason. Since all of us took the movie apart immediately.

Opulent said:

move your system clock up to 14 days from now. :)
you'll be disappointed.

NO! I shall not spoil teh wait!

Well, I don't think they'll change that until release. They know all of our tricks :)

I think it was when Quake was released they had a link hidden on the page, it was like a hyperlinked period or something and people found it before release.

-E