Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RetroGamer

What ever happened to Hank Leukart?

That guy deserves a frickin medal for that FAQ (did he get anything for it?). If you ask me, we could chip in, everyone in the community, a buck or two, to get him to update it, and include source ports and the like.

God, I've got nothing to do...

And lets find the bloke who made The sky may be and beat him senseless!, or not, seeing as they have probably all moved onto newer games, or just stopped doing stuff with games all together

deathbringer said:

And lets find the bloke who made The sky may be and beat him senseless!, or not, seeing as they have probably all moved onto newer games, or just stopped doing stuff with games all together

I found an article by one of the Sky May Be authors (Doug the Eagle) recently. It was a Deus Ex walkthrough. Was somewhat crazy, but had some cool tricks (like setting up an explosive surprise on a heavy ambush's spawn point)

Hm, i wonder if doom 3 will bring people who made doom levels back in the early 90's back to the classic doom community to look up thier old stuff and see if it's still around. I bet some of them might be suprised/highly pissed off that thier wads are now regarded as either dooming classics (Serinity, UAC_Dead, the TiC wads), or huge piles of shit (IE the sky may be, or that "illusio-pit" wad)

deathbringer said:

Hm, i wonder if doom 3 will bring people who made doom levels back in the early 90's back to the classic doom community to look up thier old stuff and see if it's still around. I bet some of them might be suprised/highly pissed off that thier wads are now regarded as either dooming classics (Serinity, UAC_Dead, the TiC wads), or huge piles of shit (IE the sky may be, or that "illusio-pit" wad)

Heh, when DW had the 10 years thing going on, I was scouring the web and somehow came across a post by the author of The Sky May Be on some forum. It was only something like

"And they voted my map the worst of all time :("

so I didn't bother posting about it here. Kinda funny to know he's still around, though.

Revenant100 said:

I believe this is the homepage of the guy who made the Sky May Be.

His System Shock guide is friggin' awesome!

This guy, in spite of making The Sky May Be, actually seems like a pretty intelligent/insane fellow. His website is a very intersting read.

AlexMax said:
in spite of making The Sky May Be, actually seems like a pretty intelligent/insane fellow.

That's an oxymoronic statement.

Insane and intelligent are not oxymoronic, God, that term is being thrown around waaay to much here recently. Sample insane/intelligent people: Hitler, Tesla, Frank Zappa, Charles Manson, Genesis P-Orridge, Oscar Wilde, etc., etc. Hell, most geniuses are at least a little loopy.

Aaanyway, back on topic... I used to bug Dave Chess all the time when I was a kid, sening him emails on things I'd like to see in Slige. He actualy implemented a few of them, though I'm not sure if it was entirely my persuasion that did it. Anyway, he hasn't been around for a long while, and is program is pretty awesome.

The correction fails it, sir. A degree of both insanity and intelligence are naturally requirements for making such a wad, and that's our point; we did not quote the first clause of the sentence in vain.

RetroGamer said:

That guy deserves a frickin medal for that FAQ (did he get anything for it?). If you ask me, we could chip in, everyone in the community, a buck or two, to get him to update it, and include source ports and the like.

God, I've got nothing to do...

Here are two links:
http://www.planetquake.com/interviews/hankl.shtm
http://web.archive.org/web/19961223062613/http://happypuppy.com/hleukart/

Greetings
Funduke