Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duncan

Z_malloc heap size error

I have had a megawad in construction for a long time now and recently finished all 30. But unfortunately 4 of my levels have suddenly become unplayable. Neither legacy nor Zdoom nor doom.exe can run it nor can any doom editor. Im worried that ive lost a lot of hard work but theerror comes up saying Z_malloc andd xomething about increasing heap size. Im no computer whizz and therefore have been unable to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this--I will be eternally grateful!! :)

Normally this error can not happen easily. The most likely cause is some corrupted graphic in the WAD that makes the engine think it has to allocate a lot of memory for it. Better check whether all your pics are correct.

but how do i do tat if i cant access it? anyway, i did not alter a thing between the time it worked and the time it didnt

If editors cannot even load it, then the file is corrupt. You should have had a backup copy!

duncan said:

I have had a megawad in construction for a long time now and recently finished all 30. But unfortunately 4 of my levels have suddenly become unplayable. Neither legacy nor Zdoom nor doom.exe can run it nor can any doom editor. Im worried that ive lost a lot of hard work but theerror comes up saying Z_malloc andd xomething about increasing heap size. Im no computer whizz and therefore have been unable to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this--I will be eternally grateful!! :)

E-mail the unplayable ones to me. (hyena@kiwibonga.com)