Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

New Interview About Doom... Board Game

HomeLAN Fed has posted an interview about Doom... the board game. Yeah, that's right. Anyways here's a quote to describe what a Doom board game works like:

One player plays the demons and has access to a scenario guide, which tells him how to set up the board and gives him short bits of descriptive text to read to the other players at key moments. Up to 3 other players each play a marine, and they have to work together to make their way through the scenario successfully before the monster player scores too many frags or draws his last card (which means they've run out of time). The board is revealed as the marines move around and explore, and monsters pop up as that happens.

Sounds like a Mars-base version of Heroquest, nothing wrong with that.

Linguica said:

Sounds like a Mars-base version of Heroquest, nothing wrong with that.

Sounds like Space Crusade.

HeroQuest was a great game! I liked being the dungeon master guy, but when I was a player it would be the elf guy. Decent magic and attacks.

Hopefully this board game will allow the monster player flexibility in how the environment will interact with the players.

Well, it seems so. In the interview its has been already mentioned that the monster player can close doors, for example.

I hope that game is making it into stores in europe. Somehow i doubt that :/

space hulk is far and away the best fucking thing games workshop has ever made. If the doom board game is anything like that then I will be very pleased.

Also very interested to hear about the plastic figures. Can't wait to get a hold of them and paint / convert them.

Yay!!! This is EXACTLY what I hoped they do with the Doom Board Game. HeroQuest was my all time favorite so I'll definetly be getting this.

Would be cool if they made an online version too. I seem to recall an online HeroQuest but I can't find it anymore.

darknation said:

space hulk is far and away the best fucking thing games workshop has ever made. If the doom board game is anything like that then I will be very pleased.

Original space hulk, both expansions + the rare, hardback RPG-style expansion for sale!

hah, that sounds hardcore. Don't forget to play your Aleister Crowley seminar tapes in the background :o

So if the cyber is 3 inches tall, and the marines maybe half of that... what would the spidermind be like? o.O

boris said:

Sounds like Space Crusade.

Sounds exactly like Space Crusade.
Especially the mechanic of ending the game after the last card is drawn.

CapNapalm said:

Especially the mechanic of ending the game after the last card is drawn.

Yeah! I still got that game with the expansion packs :D (the german version though)

Fanatic said:

Is this board game the one Rick Clark came up with? Sounds cool to me either way!

Heh, I wish. Sounds a lot like my game, though simplified.

Finally, for once, a nice wholesome board game to play with the fam.