Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EVIL

Cacodemon image in PCgamer review

its on the 2th page I think (between the page with the big hellknight and the imp getting shot in teh belly screenshots) you can see the collage of little pictures, you can clearly see some hovering creature with a big toothy mouth, multiple eyes and tentacles coming out of the back and horns all over the place.. looks really cool.

EVIL said:

its on the 2th page I think (between the page with the big hellknight and the imp getting shot in teh belly screenshots) you can see the collage of little pictures, you can clearly see some hovering creature with a big toothy mouth, multiple eyes and tentacles coming out of the back and horns all over the place.. looks really cool.

Hmm, I guess you're right. I was searching for something...well....RED :P

Could you not draw it and post that? Give peeps a rough idea, or is that against the rules?

Or type in 'PC Gamer Doom 3 scans' into google. Youll find something. I did.

Now i'm getting mad that no one can post scans of the cacodemon...Is it red? I can't even imagine it now. It better be red and mostly round or i'll scream until id begs for mercy on the shattered glass of their windows.

DD_133 said:

Now i'm getting mad that no one can post scans of the cacodemon...Is it red? I can't even imagine it now. It better be red and mostly round or i'll scream until id begs for mercy on the shattered glass of their windows.

Get a grip.

-E

DD_133 said:

If you're wanting to know that bad then why not check out the faq I made which describes the cacodemon?

Melfice said:

If you're wanting to know that bad then why not check out the faq I made which describes the cacodemon?

You got a link?

When I saw the picture I immediately though "wow, that looks like the Octobrain from Duke Nukem 3D". Is anyone else seeing this similarity?

Quoting Mel's thread:

Cacodemon: I can't tell much from the picture but it is floating, and it is round, except I believe it looks as if it has multiple eyes, and its mouth does glow, and is lined with what appear to be many, many sharp teeth. It almost appears to have some sort of tentacles or wierd appendages hanging off of it. Also its a brown in color. I can't tell if it spawns Lost Souls as was suggested it would do but there is a fire inside its mouth, that makes it's mouth glow.

Er... wouldn't that be a much more fitting description for a Pain Elemental? Or was there something I missed about that not being included in the game or such :P

Also I think those tentacles you see are another monster (arch vile?) behind it. I thought the same thing at first.

EllipsusD said:

When I saw the picture I immediately though "wow, that looks like the Octobrain from Duke Nukem 3D". Is anyone else seeing this similarity?

Obviously, they remembered how Doom got totaly pwned when Duke Nukem 3d came out so they had to give 3D Realms a taste of their own medicine. I heard DNF is due out soon though, so they better watch out!

EllipsusD said:

Indeed !
Its very similar...the mouth, the tentacles, even the basic color.

@Psyonisis:
What is you avatar supposed to be ? :P

Er... wouldn't that be a much more fitting description for a Pain Elemental? Or was there something I missed about that not being included in the game or such :P

It was revealed A LONG TIME AGO that the cacodemon will fire lost souls...... :p

deathbringer said:

It was revealed A LONG TIME AGO that the cacodemon will fire lost souls...... :p

And not electric fireballs of death? So now we got a Pain elemental. Not exactly a cacodemon is it? Brown, has apendages off it (PE's Arms?) etc...

It looks like there's gonna be a caco and pain elemental in Doom3.

On the second title page of the article on the top-right there is a pic of a brownish floating demon... looks more like a disconnected head, honestly it looks like a really pissed off rabbit face the way the "skull" is shaped... no bunny ears though, heh. It's hard to see cuz it's so small and the picture is dark. But it's also got some tentacle like things hanging down, but they look somewhat rigid, not just loose flesh, i bet he(she) can move these. And fire in his mouth, yes, i imagine he'll definately be spitting something nasty out. I'm assuming this is the Pain Elemental.

Now on the very last page of the article on the top left is a little picture of what i believe is the Caco. It's mostly black, one big eye located about 2/3rds of the way up his 'face.' It's weird, I think there is some other body color/detail but the main thing that stands out is this almost anime-looking black spikey hair. It's not really hair of course, I'm sure they're nasty spikes of some sort but it looks like the shape of hair from the characters of DragonBallZ for instance. It's all around, so if you were to see a sillohuette of this Caco it would be a ball irregular, cool-shaped and angled spikes all around. It looks pretty cool.

The black spiky thing actually reminds me of one of the Final Fantasy monsters (I forget which game).

EllipsusD said:

I always figured the Octobrain was a ripoff of the Caco in the first place.

and the caco was basically a copy of the Beholder...All it's missing is the disintegration ray :)

Psyonisis said:

Although there will be a monster that spawns trites out of its bum.

Hmmmm . . . cheeky.

I've tried to find the Caco image, can't. Are the people who have seen it sure it's a Caco? I would hope it looks like the old one with techno bits added on.

Peace,

The Bruce

StarFyre said:

and the caco was basically a copy of the Beholder...All it's missing is the disintegration ray :)

Actualy, it's more of a ripoff of the Astral Dreadnought.