Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Combustable

Seeking Wad kinda stuff, as always

Anyone know of a wad similar to Hell Revealed in the giant battle way, but i'm not looking for a real megawad, megawads are fine, but the problem is i've probably played all the "hardcore" megawads, AV and all that. I'm looking for something shorter, like DV kind of.

You could try nuts.wad, but it's just plain unplayable. TOO MANY MONSTERS!!!

Heh, i already beat the nuts series, except for 3, I ALMOST beat 3, but just gave up, it was too damn slow, but they are all beatable

Well, for me, nuts was unplayable from my old laptop (duh duh duh), unplayable from this laptop (even though it's better) and might (just might, I haven't tried it yet) unplayable from my new PC.

It's too crazy I tell you!

Combustable said:

Wow, thanks a lot! I had almost expected to get sent to post hell.

Why? This is a completely valid question.

The Nuts wads (if your machine can handle them at all - Nuts2 is the least demanding) are really a different kind of experience, and not really great battles. In Nuts and Nuts2, you can just run round/past all the monsters to the exit (maybe you can kill them all in Nuts2 - I haven't tried), but I think that in Nuts3 you need to have zclipping enabled so you can run on top of the monsters' heads. At least, I would be very interested and surprised to see it done any other way. (I've recorded Pacifist demos on all these maps).

Coming back to the original question, d2200 might be worth a look too. I haven't played it myself, but I have seen it recommended as offering HR-style gameplay. Also ragnew's list here (though it sounds like you've already played most of them), and the oneweek wad (especially some of the later maps, notably Erik's map11).

I suppose you could try my level. It is more of hordes of smaller enemies, and non-stop almost. My monster placement skills are lacking.
Mine

In nuts 3, i got really far, see, the exit is to the west, and there are actually 2 little ammo spots to the northeast and southeast. You run to the northeast, BFG like thing a-blazin', if i remember correctly, and dig through the piles of monsters. There are some random medkits if you're lucky enough to grab one. Well, i cant remember, but maybe there was an invulnerability laying around at the start, i cant remember. All I know is that either there, or at the area to the northeast, theres a invulnerability, which helps you to blow the fuck out of some more baddies. You run to the southeast and grab some pickups there as well. By then, you should have annihilated a pretty big group of them. after that it's mostly circlestrafeing around the big group of demons left and blowing them up. After you inevitably run out of ammo, you run to the big fortress/tower/thing to the west, grab some more ammo, either from those star... things, or from up on the tower, then jump back down and get back to fighting. All it really takes is patience and luck.

Grazza forgot my wickedly hard levelset. Play this is you want something to make your blood boil.
NILLA DOOM!