Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

Dehacked question

Is there any way I can give the pistol unlimited ammo? I've tried playing around with it unsuccessfully, just wondering if anyone knew how to.

I tried that in my initial experimenting, and it didn't work. Might be something to do with ZDoom, haven't tried patching an original Doom executable...

Yep, bug in ZDoom. Worked fine when I patched my Ultimate Doom Executable. Gonna post something on the ZDoom forums about it. Thanks anyways.

Yep, bug in ZDoom.

Hah. I haven't seen a port yet that could properly load a DEH file from the command line.

Hm... When you tried to put the ammo type of the pistol to 5(unlimited) did this things happen?

-the pistol started to use up the MAX. Ammo frum another gun

Zdoom should be able to make a weapon use UNLIMITED ammo, cuz in the Ghost Busters Doom TC, i ran it in Zdoom (boom have crappy graphics) and it worked just fine. Are u sure you typed the command line correctly at the start?

EX: C:\Doom2\Zdoom -deh Cheappistol.deh

Posted by Randy on the ZDoom forums:

Noted. The ammo types were expanded to accomodate Heretic and Hexen, so type 5 is no longer equivalent to "no ammo" as it was in Doom. I have now fixed up the dehacked loader to change type 5 to the new value for "no ammo".

The Eternty Engine has more or less flawless DeHackEd support. There are no known issues with setting weapon ammo type to infinite in my engine, and in fact in beta 3 I fixed a long-standing bug that was in the original engine that could cause your shotgun's maxammo to decrease when you fired a weapon that was given infinite ammo that didn't normally have it (ie not the chainsaw or fist).

Hey-hey, Gandalf!

Y'know for a brief time before becoming Dr. ST I was the Wraith-King.

How do you change what weapon you want to edit in DeHackED anyhow? Mine is always set to fists. Then again I am NEW to this.

Hmm, just tried this: I put 5 as the value, using the latest DeHackED, and loaded it in DOOM Legacy, anyhow my ammo now comes up as 0, and I can not gain any ammo either. What's up with that!?!?!