Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

If you had a chance to ask for a game and someone would make it...

What would it be?

My choice for the moment is a windows port of Tyrian 2000 with a bunch of new episodes. God I love that game.

Another Doom clone would be fun too.

edit: some more..

A Gundam style third person shooter where you can transform en shit.

Someone made a game outta my story (hey I updated it last night and im only on chapter 3, boy im lazy).

oh yes, and all the serpent rider games in one kickass FPS.

Master of Magic 2
Magic Carpet 3
Dungeon Keeper 3

There's probably some others, but I can't think of them right now.

alexz721 said:

Master of Magic 2
Magic Carpet 3
Dungeon Keeper 3

There's probably some others, but I can't think of them right now.

Well at least me and Quasar aren't the only fanboys of Bullfrog games. Dungeon Keeper kicks ass!

Make a Metal Gear Solid spinoff type of game where it's like a Hong Kong Action Movie, minus the bad english dubbing and dialouge. Basically, think The Killer and Hardboiled mixed together. Ok, here's the summary for the first cinematic scene of the game:

First off, it has nothing to do with any of the Snakes (Solid, Liquid, or Solidus). Ok, so there's the rookie cop and the Foxhound operative. The rookie cop (Which you'll be controlling) is the good guy and the Foxhound operative is the bad guy. The rookie cop and the veteran cop dude get a bite to eat at some restaurant. The Foxhound operative is in the restaurant too. Three yakuza guys approach the Foxhound operative, they talk for a little bit, and then moments later... one of them gets blown away from a sawed-off double barreled shotgun hidden under the Foxhound operative's trenchcoat. One of the other takuza guys try stabbing the Foxhound operative but the guy gets his arm (which was holding the knife) blown away from the shotgun. The Foxhound operative tries running off...

The Rookie cop and the veteran cop fires at the Foxhound operative, but the Foxhound operative throws away the Sawed-Off double barrelled shotgun, dives over the counter, whips out akimbo Berreta 9mm's and blows away the Veteran cop. The Rookie hides behind the counter and that's when all hell breaks loose. As the customers start fleeing, a large group of yakuzas crash through the front door gunning down everything in sight. The Rookie cop reloads sidearm, A .50 Calibre Action Express Desert Eagle and then the game starts.

Ok, so basically, the game looks like Metal Gear Solid 3, but it plays like Max Payne 2 (or True Crimes: Streets of L.A., I can't really choose between the two). I wonder if anyone knows who the main characters of this game are? :p

I would say also make Lizard Squad(c), an action platformer similar to Metal Slug, but that's what I'll be making myself one day. :p

Star Wars-like Chess with animated Doom characters as pieces. Blood would fly when a piece is taken, and a goat head would occasionally shoot out new random pieces.

I'd want warcraft 3 redone and add a few things. Such as truly making the Naga a fully playable race...I'd also consider making the Infernals a race. They have 3 heros the way it is and a number of units you could use, like the Naga, but lack the buildings. But I don't know if that would be too "undead-like".

I'd want to see ships truly buildable from ports rather then bought as mercinaries.

and add more variety and power to random item drops in melee games...like the artifacts

Pretty much any new theme applied to a Diablo kind of engine/user interface. Either a doom theme or a samurai thing. that would be awesome. in fact, i'll post a thread to ask for one.

I would like to either see sequel to popular game franchise or maybe idea which is similar one or more existing games

Holy. Fuck.
There's actually someone around here besides me that knows about Tyrian? Just thinking about it brings back so many memories...

Manhunt 2
More Sonic games
A 2D version of Metroid Prime

Imp said:

Remake of the old Metal Gear games.

I would also like to see those.

I have several ideas. Here are a couple:

One is for a strategy game thats a mix of RTS, RPG, Warhammer 40k and Risk. In it you get to choose which area to attack next instead of being told "oh you have to go to this very specific location and guard the base". Then, you can deploy as many units as you want, but there will be a point limit like in WH40K based on the size of the area or other such variables. Also, youd have a limited army size and could only have as much as your resources allow. You'd gain more by invading other territories or over time. Combat is squad based so you dont have to go searching for your stray units that wandered off like in some FPSes, and also because it looks more realistic to have them in groups. Finaly, leaders would have statistics and level up like in an RPG. It probably works on too many levels for the average person, but I think it would be pretty damned fun.

Another idea I had is for a game where you play a smuggler in a sci-fi setting. It woudl work kind of like GTA3 but not. You start out with a tiny freighter and maybe a copilot, but you can later buy or steal better ships, upgrades, robots, and weapons and hire more crew. You get missions from bosses and after you complete their story missions they'll still give you random stuff to do. There would be both space battles and firefights on ships and planets. Of course, with a large enough crew you could let them do the job for you, but mayhap you'd just want to get the job done yourself. I'd also add RPG elements to this game (I have a hard-on for leveling up :D).

Yeah, those Ideas are probably gold that I shoudln't ge giving away on the internet, but I'm never goign to be a game designer anyway so whatever. I'd rather play them than never see them anyway. Heh.

Linguica said:

I would like to either see sequel to popular game franchise or maybe idea which is similar one or more existing games

Definitely.

I just love those similar games.

Danarchy said:

One is for a strategy game thats a mix of RTS, RPG, Warhammer 40k and Risk. In it you get to choose which area to attack next instead of being told "oh you have to go to this very specific location and guard the base". Then, you can deploy as many units as you want, but there will be a point limit like in WH40K based on the size of the area or other such variables. Also, youd have a limited army size and could only have as much as your resources allow. You'd gain more by invading other territories or over time. Combat is squad based so you dont have to go searching for your stray units that wandered off like in some FPSes, and also because it looks more realistic to have them in groups. Finaly, leaders would have statistics and level up like in an RPG. It probably works on too many levels for the average person, but I think it would be pretty damned fun.

Ever play Rise of Nations? It's not sci-fi or has rpg elements...

I would settle for having all old games be open source. Classics like System Shock, Dark Forces, X-COM, Ultima Underworld, etc... There's some real old gems that are nearly unplayable on modern machines. I would hate to loose these forever!!

Alientank said:

A game that allows you to disable the burning bodies of the Demons

why does that matter so much!?
anachronox sequeal, done well. they left the game with a wide open ending. the game was good except for some bugs. if they ever did a remake i would want to see similar features, and a better job debugging

An Id game set in the future where you're not a marine that fights either space aliens, interdimensional aliens or demons - though fighting mutants or monsters somehow created by men would be ok - and with a new kind of setting different from the usual space stations.

A first-person stealth-and-slash-em-up played from the perspective of a Tyranid Lictor from WH40K. AVP2 with knobs on, basically.

A new Bionic Commando. Or atleast a mod of it for Doom 3 *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink*

Sephiroth said:

why does that matter so much!?

I was mocking nightmare doom if you couldn't tell.