Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DrillSarge

Ultimate DooM - Soundtrack on Sega Saturn

I´am searching for the ingame music of ultimate doom on sega saturn, cannot be compared to the pc soundtrack.
well, does anyone knows a link where i can get this one ?

thx.

Hunt down Elbryan42. He might have it. Lord knows hes got tunes for everything else Doom, and that just plain kicks ass!! Actually, just find a thread with a reply by him and click on his 'Doom Depot' link in his sig.
Are the Saturn tunes the same as the PSX ones?
(never played the saturn)

i'm pretty sure the tracks are the same on the saturn as the psx ones... the only thing the saturn has the psx doesn't is slowdown and no colored lighting. blech.

anyways, enjoy the site. the music is cd quality.

As I have noticed! (just d'ld Doom 64- Watch your step)
How did you get the Doom 64 tunes so clearly?

I think he told me how he did that once.

He said something about plugging in the audio cables directly into his sound card (which I can't figure out how he did that). He also said something about it being full of crackling and noise, so he then took another approach which I can't remember.

I'd download some of the PSX/N64 music too if they weren't so huge to download for a 56K modem. (Transfer rate: 1.2K to 2.5K/sec.)

the first approach i took was using my tv card's cable input. unfortunately the cable line has static for some reason. not too much, but when you're playing with the file, it becomes noticable. also with the static, if you burned it onto audio cd, sometimes there would be noticable popping on some tracks.

my second attempt was with my svideo cable ($20) for the psx and n64. i plugged that in instead of the cable. had to fiddle with the tv card. i outputed from the tv card directly into the sound card. i recorded it and it sounded perfectly. then i used lame to convert it so that i didn't lose quality. i ripped all of the doom music this way, as well as the psx descent music.

thx a lot, your page is exactly what iam searching for :)).
psx & saturn soundtrack is still the same one, played both :D.

sorry about my bad english ;).

thanks!

that's ok. most people who speak english everyday don't know how to speak it correctly.

The easiest way to transfer over the N64 doom music, (which is basically the PSX music anyway so I don't know what the difference is... but, at any rate)would be if you have a stereo system that your television runs it's sound through, using a male-to-male jack, plug one end into your soundcard's "mic" port, and one into the "headphones" port of your stereo.. make sure all extended bass features are turned off on the stereo that will be transmitting the sound, and then go into a wav program and start recording.. then convert them to mp3's to save you a lot of space, and there you go... that's how I converted the need for speed: high stakes soundtrack so that I could have it on CD.. it works perfectly, with little static or anything of that sort...

THA AVATA' RAGE!!11111

Seriously. I'll bet money this guy doesn't even listen to Cake.

I feel your pain. I had to bitch a little on Doom3 a while ago because of a thief. Of course, mod skills are pretty intimidating... :)