Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dco16

Holy Cripes on Toast! My Supid EDGE Project is done!

The S.Q.W.I.R.E.L. Mod:

Nineteen weapons, nine levels, some of the best weapons wouldn't exist if not for the bitch-ass weapons emporium...

It's no longer longer than Action DooM.
It has more detailed levels than DooM: Rampage Edition!
It has more weapons than Wolfenstein 3D!
It's more serious than Mock 2!

http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/newstuff/sqwirel.zip

OR:

http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/sqwirel.zip

P.S. This is my first ever release for DooM, so don't be surprised if you hate it.

Silly thing I don't use EDGE but I'm downloading it now.

Would you call it rude, if I use some of the graphics from SQWIREL?

The one Grazza linked to is the fixed version that works without the patch. ENJOY!

The FTP gods have smiled upon me and now all is well. *dances merrilly* I apologize for any confusion. If you weren't confused, I sure as hell was.

Why are the shotgun guys now overpowered? i know its 'cool' to give them SSG's, but wouldnt it be better to keep them with thier single-barrel ones so when they ambush you in a tight area its only damaging, not near-fatal

Why do the former humans drop boxes of bullets now? its not 'cool' at all..

Why does the mancubus fireball gun do exploding damage, why does this exploding damage seem to do more damage than actually being hit by one?

What the hell is the auto-shotgun thing that shoots such a narrow line of pellets its pretty much a waste of ammo at anything other than point blank

Why are the grenades so annoying?, they could at least bounce a bit then explode

Stuff i did like:

The SSG, probably cause it was nearly the same as the doom one

The Minigun, cause its the only weapon you can survive with in a lot of places, and there is a lot of ammo for it

The Oil rig level, i might make a level set on one myself..

The blood...VERY cool

Doomguy is much faster, I had to switch off always running to keep control *_*
The rain on the platform was...good. It gave the impression of heavy raining. You won't believe how particle rain (like the one I made in my Zdoom map) can hurt the system..
Some dlights are wrong-like why does the flame from the flame thrower cast green lighting?

That lawnmower... I remember that movie, but from where...

Braindead, and Lawnmower? i thought it was some tunnel-boring machine, if you held a lawnmower like that you couldnt see the blade

Yes, Braindead. I felt that somewhere I had to put a reference to Braindead because of it's ultimate kickassitude.

Damn, if you thought the shotgun guys had powerful SSG's now, you should have seen it when I first implemented it. I had to power it down a lot. I remember when I tested it in the second secret level and I came up to two shotgun guys. One of them shot me dead with 200 health. Reminded me of Blood a little, so I took the power down.\\\

I have a question, did anyone find the retarded bat cave?

Nope, but then i was annoyed and clipped through loads of stuff on most levels, so i should have

Oh, another suggestion, make the rain semi-transparent, in fact almost invisible, real rain isnt as 'visible' as that, and it makes my eyes hurt on that level, plus battling that revenant becomes a few minutes of utter confison and blind firing, then death

Noticed the words "Welcome to Mother Superior's" in the house in LEV03 where you jump the dead shotgunner to get the inviso. Beatles reference?

I was referencing Trainspotting, but it's likely trainspotting was referencing the Beatles.