Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
etimmerAZ

Is pre-odering better than first day purchasing?

I'm wondering if it would be better to pre-order from a web site or if I should just go on Game Day and buy it?

If I pre-order do they ship on the third, or do they ship so I get it the third? I guess if they ship on the third it may be better if I just go pick it up.

That do you think?

Peace,

The Bruce

The thing about preordering is that you're assured a copy, if its as popular as I think, getting a copy first day may not be easy

I don't like to pre order from online sites cause its faster to go pick it up at a store then wait for it to be mailed. I pre ordered D3 at EB games here in the mall, it's a 3 second drive from my house and I can drive and pick it up while I'm working.

I just called Gamestop and they said if I pre-ordered I would be able to pick it up on Aug 4. I'm gonna see what BestBuy has to say about that.

EDIT: I just called EB here and they also said that Aug 4 is the earliest I can get it. Hmmmm . . .

Edit 2: BestBuy is way later. I, guess I'll get it from GameStop and get it the 4th.

Peace,

The Bruce

Well, I preordered with Babbages (gamestop) because A: They usually will sell the games a day ahead of the official release date ONLY to people who preordered and B: Preordering with them netted me a Pewter Baron of Hell (based on the original DooM version) that is now sitting on top of my monitor at home. The Baron of Hell was worth the preorder alone. Just need one of those old Cyberdemon ones I never got a chance to get, now.

If you preorder from Amazon they generally ship it out to you before the "street date".

If you preorder from a retail location then you'd still have to go in to pick it up.

And I've never ever had to preorder to pick up any game no matter how popular on the first street day.

Here in New Zealand, it's not out in EB until the 13th I think. But at gpstore.co.nz, you get it on the 6th or 7th. And you get 10 bucks off.

Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Oh well. I just came back from Gamestop and paid for it, so on the fourth I am guaranteed a copy. I wont even have to wait in line since they have my money already. They also said if they get it earlier they will call me (yeah right!).

Peace,

The Bruce

My local vendor told me he will probably get it 3-4 days later [after the 3rd], so I will probably get it around the 6th/7th.
I will show up every day there from the 3rd on, of course - in case they will get it sooner.

I just put my preorder in at the EB next to the office (for the 4th obviously). I've never preordered a game before, but I just wanted to make sure that I'd have it ready and waiting for me.

Just pre-ordered on amazon.co.uk. Should get it on Saturday the 14th *fingers crossed*.

DoomUK said:

Just pre-ordered on amazon.co.uk. Should get it on Saturday the 14th *fingers crossed*.

I was on amazon.co.uk today and I wonder why they have such a late date for Doom3. Todd Hollenshead said something about the UK version being the first to be on the market, didn´t he?

Deathmatcher said:

I was on amazon.co.uk today and I wonder why they have such a late date for Doom3. Todd Hollenshead said something about the UK version being the first to be on the market, didn´t he?

Aside from the US version, yes. :P

Arioch said:

Aside from the US version, yes. :P

Ok, Todd said around the 6th for UK version and 13th for all others. Then if amazon.co.uk says 14th for UK, the other versions might delay even further?!

etimmerAZ said:

They also said if they get it earlier they will call me (yeah right!).

They should. EB does that for us here.

Combustable said:

The thing about preordering is that you're assured a copy, if its as popular as I think, getting a copy first day may not be easy

Actually most stores usually get enough to fill the preorders.

anything more than that is usually based on how much they have left

The UK date is August 6th.

Mike at Game will be handing my copy over to me at 9am that day.

Well I've pre-ordered it at my local independent game store, this way I have the peace-of-mind knowing I'll get on release day...13th or is the 6th? bloody UK..without the risk of them selling out.

I did pre-order Far Cry from Play.com and had to wait four days after release to get it, which was murder, so never again, even if it does save money.