Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gatewatcher

Carmack's STILL Making Engines

I never said Carmack stopped making engines, I said that he had said he had another one in him still, and so I'm wondering what they'll do without him around and how it'll affect them. Even after explaining it to you twice, you still don't get it.

I wonder how long it takes him to design the engine for each of id's games... I imagine it's grown extonentially over time. He'll be around for a good 15 years! : D

Alientank said:

I never said Carmack stopped making engines, I said that he had said he had another one in him still, and so I'm wondering what they'll do without him around and how it'll affect them. Even after explaining it to you twice, you still don't get it.

What do you mean without him? He's still there. You get too ahead of yourself, and never really explain anything. So are you talking in another four years or what? Jesus.

gatewatcher said:

What do you mean without him? He's still there. You get too ahead of yourself, and never really explain anything. So are you talking in another four years or what? Jesus.

Can you not put things together? He's around for another engine yes, I'VE SAID THAT ALREADY. HOWEVER ONCE THIS NEXT ONE IS DONE WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT IT AND HOW IS IT GOING TO AFFECT THEM. There, I put it in nice big letters for you. I hope you can understand that. This isn't something that should need to be explained, it's simple what I've said.

Yes, it is simple, too bad you can't say it in the first place (use better English/wording). But if you feel comfortable with big letters, then go ahead and use them. As far as what they'll do without him, who knows, who's to say some of them won't retire, they've floated that arround before.

That's really all that needs to be said. Thank you.