Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Idea for a Doom 3 level

What about a Wonderland level with American Mcgee's Alice feel by using the Doom 3 engine?? think about the possiblities with the Doom 3 engine can do with Wonderland (it could look more surreal and horrific than American Mcgees Alice or Cyb's void)

what you think of the idea??

Nightmare Doom said:

What about a Wonderland level with American Mcgee's Alice feel by using the Doom 3 engine?? think about the possiblities with the Doom 3 engine can do with Wonderland (it could look more surreal and horrific than American Mcgees Alice or Cyb's void)

what you think of the idea??

I'm not playin' it till I find a way to re-enable the burning bodies of the Demons cause I know you'd disable them.

-E

Endureth said:

I'm not playin' it till I find a way to re-enable the burning bodies of the Demons cause I know you'd disable them.

-E

Drop it please I really don't want to go through that agian (yes it was a stupid thread that I created but
stupid things are better off droped and we move on to other things bro)

anyway back on topic

It could be very, very interesting, especially with the scripting and physics possibilities. Definitely something to experiment with :)

/me makes sizzling burning noises with my mouth ;) j/k man.

Melfice said:

It could be very, very interesting, especially with the scripting and physics possibilities. Definitely something to experiment with :)

/me makes sizzling burning noises with my mouth ;) j/k man.

unlike Cyb's Void (he did great job creating that level but still the original Doom engine had limitations mostly enviormental area animations) I was thinking that with the Doom 3 engine
you can do alot of twisted stuff like rotating areas or rooms,twisted hallways breaking apart leaving floating boards that you have to jump on, transforming rooms, and alot of twisted stuff that was mostly on Alice but you can also creat your twist on there..what if the Wonderland dezines made a cameo or possible fighting monsters that appeared
in American Mcgee's Alice but in their Doom 3 graphics (I would like to blast cardguards with a shotgun or plasma rifle)

Nightmare Doom said:

I was thinking that with the Doom 3 engine
you can do alot of twisted stuff like rotating areas or rooms,twisted hallways breaking apart leaving floating boards that you have to jump on, transforming rooms, and alot of twisted stuff that was mostly on Alice but you can also creat your twist on there...

That sounds pretty fun. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing.

A huge moving track vehicle on the partly-terraformed Europa (so it has an atmosphere), which has brken through the ice and is slowly sinking into a freezing ocean, at least thats what i dreamed one doom 3 level would be like..escaping the bitterly cold water and the demons at the same time)

deathbringer said:

A huge moving track vehicle on the partly-terraformed Europa (so it has an atmosphere), which has brken through the ice and is slowly sinking into a freezing ocean, at least thats what i dreamed one doom 3 level would be like..escaping the bitterly cold water and the demons at the same time)

Sounds like the Titanic which happened on the Edwarden days (It can be another level) I would prefeir the Wonderland level to be pure Victorian (since it was written by a Victorian writter named Lewis Carrol)

Great idea though

Sounds a little to similar to the Titanic which happened on the Edwarden days

WOW, I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT BEFORE!!

I would prefeir the Wonderland level to be pure Victorian (since it was written by a Victorian writter named Lewis Carrol)

Hmm, i once considered making a doom 'tribute' to a playstation game called Nightmare creatures, except with more flintlocks and muskets instead of swords and magic. I also considered making a doom 'detective story' using scripting which would be set in a victorian town and you play someone having to solve some grisly murders..like sherlock holmes doom...maybe one day i will make something victorian in doom, the furthest back i'm planning on taking a doom project right now is 1977, and thats an altrnate, war-torn 1977 anyway

I would not like Doom dectative story.
(Doom was created for shoot em ups not solving murders) but heres a great idea...what about having a Doom prequel set in the Victorian England Times?? (I would love to play as a female protaganist who is a 19 year old daughter (she has long curly black hair) of a evil scientist (who is Dr.Betruger's great grandfather) who opened the gates to Hell and is her job to close the gates to Hell that her father opended)and yes having muskets and flinlocks on there to make the game challengable (later in the game can pick up more powerful demon weapons like the Unmaker,Dark Claw,and possibly the Soul Cube)

and yes I would still like a updated version of Cyb's Void with the Doom 3 engine (or a updated horror version of American Mcgee's Alice in the Doom 3 engine that is much more slower paced than the original Alice game)

Damn my ideas are really running wild

Heh, well the detctive thing would be like a different game thats made with doom, rather than a doom mod, if there can be half-life bumper cars and quake rally why not?

Hm, and i did have a brief plan for a wad set in the 80's on an oil rig, of all places, where secret research has opened a gate to hell on the piper alpha rig, which you, as an SAS soldier, need to close by destroying the rig, then i found out that people actually died at piper alpha so i thought that might be a bit tasteless

Endureth said:

-E

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

-A

AlexMax said:

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

-A

Burning cows. MOO.

deathbringer said:

I also considered making a doom 'detective story' using scripting which would be set in a victorian town and you play someone having to solve some grisly murders..like sherlock holmes doom...maybe one day i will make something victorian in doom, the furthest back i'm planning on taking a doom project right now is 1977, and thats an altrnate, war-torn 1977 anyway

dude.. I'd play the shit outta that
I'd love to see a good FP detective story... black dalia was the shit but the gfx and load times were anoying as piss
dude..
do it
or I'll be force to make love to your leg in bizzare and unspeakable ways..
I'll help you if you want.
I can map, gfx and I write semi-professionaly. (Amature novelist to be exact)
I can also do a fairly decent ACS cut too..

Well i was actually planning on EDGE (which needs many more features added to RTS, cameras for one!) But if you could help with ACS and a storyline (i probably would have misguidedly started something already if i had a story) then we might be able to do something

Hm, i was also thinking about the oil rig wad last night, i had some cool ideas for a terrifying wad, fuck, i was scaring myself..oh well, maybe i will try making that, though it wont be set on piper alpham i'll make up a fictional one...now all i'll have to do is make rotational sprites of a Sea king helicopter....

Sounds good to me... I'll bust out my notebook and start working on it a little later.. I'll get with you probably this weekend with what I got so far. see whatchya think and so forth

Heh, we're doign a nice job of hijacking this supposedly doom 3 thread.

Hm, since we're going down the whole Zdoom route, i'm thinking maybe we could have a hub, which could be a railway station with platforms (i used to be interested in trains, using slopes i could knock up some pretty cool late 1800's trains i think, luckily they weren't so 'cylindrical' like much later steam trains, the boiler was sort of sunk into the chassis), and could link to various places like a posh suburb in london (where the players office/police station is), some seedy run-down places (one urban, one rural?) where workers to interview might live, and a posh mansion out in the country where the murder took place..hmm

I still want a prequel to Doom 3 that is set in Victorian England where it all begain following Dr.Betruger's ancestors that built the first European dimension gate to Hell (Betrugers ancestors gathered ancient blueprints to build
the first Victorian dimension gate) as well I still want a remake of Cybs Void for the second time.

deathbringer said:

Heh, we're doign a nice job of hijacking this supposedly doom 3 thread.

Hm, since we're going down the whole Zdoom route, i'm thinking maybe we could have a hub, which could be a railway station with platforms (i used to be interested in trains, using slopes i could knock up some pretty cool late 1800's trains i think, luckily they weren't so 'cylindrical' like much later steam trains, the boiler was sort of sunk into the chassis), and could link to various places like a posh suburb in london (where the players office/police station is), some seedy run-down places (one urban, one rural?) where workers to interview might live, and a posh mansion out in the country where the murder took place..hmm

Sounds interesting man... I'm going to start hitting it hard tonight and tommorow, I'm right in the middle of working on a chapter for this book im working on lol But I like where this could go..
lots of possibilities

Nightmare Doom said:

I still want a prequel to Doom 3 that is set in Victorian England where it all begain following Dr.Betruger's ancestors that built the first European dimension gate to Hell (Betrugers ancestors gathered ancient blueprints to build
the first Victorian dimension gate) as well I still want a remake of Cybs Void for the second time.

Man, you are amazing.

I'm NOT going to publically flame you or bring you to ridicule (sp), but how old are you?