Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HateFactor

duke3D "legacy"?

is anybody here aware, of a program that'd work in a similar fashion like legacy, zdoom, jdoom, etc. but would be intended for duke nukem 3D? thanks...

The Duke specific source code for build has not been released, therefore there are no source ports.

No. There is a beta of an alpha of a 3DFX patch available for Blood, and a decent 3DFX patch for Shadow Warrior. However, last I checked if your 3DFX is newer than a Goddamn Voodoo 2 it won't work.

nm, i just found something - it appears however, the project is most likely shut down...ehh...

http://glduke.dukenukemcenter.com/

That was a shitty hack based off of nothing... they just threw it together from scratch. I tried the first release. It ran at 0.0000005 frames per second but that's okay considering it looked like a bag of ass and locked up my system after 3 seconds of horribly misinterpreted sprites.

nm, i just found something - it appears however, the project is most likely shut down...ehh...

http://glduke.dukenukemcenter.com/

As deadnail says Dukers do not have the source code to port, and GLDuke is not dead, it's just, E-Duke is in the works, and the hackers focus on that right now. Not for better graphics just for better TCs.

I thought the very first release was 2.0... even the damn pistol animation was all goofy an shit. Even then it does me no good as I do not intend to make a mod with it.

I thought the very first release was 2.0... even the damn pistol animation was all goofy an shit. Even then it does me no good as I do not intend to make a mod with it.

All E-Duke is, is an enhancement of the con files. With it you can make better TCs, but E-Duke is not a TC in itself. You probably ended up with one of the first TCs made with E-Duke, and yes it was shit.