Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

AotW messing up

It seems whenever I get it and restart the computer, the wad gets messed up. The only thing in the wad is the map data. All the sounds, textures, whatever are all gone. What is happening?

Your post is much too vague.

If you want help with this, you need to tell us exactly which files you have, exactly what you're trying to run it with (including version number), and exactly how you are trying to launch it (e.g. the command line you are using). Assuming you are trying to play it...

Have you tried downloading a new copy and overwriting the old, corrupted one?

Okay. I have the wad aotw.wad and the .deh file for it. I'm using Zdoom 2.0.63a and I use the drag-and-drop method to use it within the game. When I first downloaded the wad it worked fine, but when I took all my wads and put them on my new PC, it got like this where all the information of the wad was missing except map data. I re-downloaded the wad and it worked, but I had to restart my computer and all the information of the wad was missing except the map data again.

aotw seems to work fine with 63a, and the method you describe to launch it should be OK.

I cannot imagine what corrupted it, or what went wrong when you overwrote it with the correct version. Perhaps the recovery from a crash caused it to lose some changes you had made. Try again?

If you want to check the file size of the wadm it should be 5,378,312 bytes.