Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

jfiles.org

Not sure if this is the right forum. Also ain't sure if this has been mentioned before. My apologies if I screwed up.

In any event, a new site for all those crazy different packs for jDoom has been started. Right now it's mainly for the jDoom Texturing Pack. Chilvence is remaking a lot of the textures so that all the shitty resized ones will be out of the pack, and there's a gallery where you can see what he's done. Anyway not many people are around, and I'm the only one who gives Chiv any feedback, so go over there and tell him what you think of his stuff, please. These textures could be used in ZDoomGL too, btw, so it ain't just limited to jDoom.

Only the forums are up right now.

forums.jfiles.org

Actually, yeah, the site is pretty much scaffolding at the moment. I'm not the one setting it up, but in any event, it should be online soon and ready to feed our unhealthy jDoom fetishes.

As Grimm says, I've been quietly working on improving the quality of the texture pack in my spare time, just getting the worst out of the way at the moment. I've been doing lots of pruning and remaking in preperation for the jfiles.org launch, and expect to really turn the quality of the pack up when the boring jobs are out of the way.

Of course, anyone is welcome to help, if they are so inclined *cough*

[edit] as for actual site content, only the forums and the gallery are up at the moment: http://forums.jfiles.org/album.php

I wasnt going to spread the news so soon, but now the cats out of the bag you may as well pile on ;)

The cries of enthusiasm resonate throughout my entire body causing me to vibrate uncontrollably!

Exactly what I was thinking.

No one ever responds to my threads. :(

chilvence said:

You mean this water?
<Water.liq>

Oh its not so great. Nothing to get excited about anyway. No sir.

That is so mesmerizing. :D Whooaah. :D

I have to admit, I cheated with that one by using a caustic generator...it is the only one though, honest.

Hopefully, at least a couple more people will be inspired to help when its all set up. I can make a few good textures, but I dont want to break my fingers doing every one of them. At the end of the day, I'm only doing it for the novelty of hi-res doom (and the practice of course, cant forget that)

chilvence said:

Oh its not so great. Nothing to get excited about anyway. No sir.

lol, bullshit. its quite impressive. its suprisingly realistic when in motion.