Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

Action Doom music heard elsewhere?

Most of us have played Action Doom, right? Some of us have been able to get through the game on Contra difficulty, and [omg spoilers]you have to fight a mutated Doomguy at the end of level 5 which you can only get to by going throught the game on Contra.[/omg spoilers]

Well, I was in the PC Room and my Grandma was in the other room with the TV up pretty loud (hey, she's old) and I heard something weird. I wasn't playing AD but I heard a slightly slowed down version of the song it plays when you fight the mutated Doomguy from the TV. I didn't see what commercial it was but I heard the song from the TV all right. I find this weird because I thought Julian composed all the music for Action Doom including that song.

Bashe said:
I thought Julian composed all the music for Action Doom including that song.

Julian composed some of the music, but there's also music from metal slug, super metroid, problby Contra as well, he credits them in the action.txt file.

I know what commercial your talking about. It's that one about the girl whos asked have you ever lied about your age before? No I'm only 28 and gets away with it on the lie detector. Yeah part of the song is played in the background.

I like the Hell song. It's a cool rock song pretty fitting for Hell.

Still, I thought hearing that song from a commercial was quite weird.

Yeah, the song Action Doom was used in the commercial, although it was slowed down a bit.

I hope that commercial comes on again.

Too bad my grandma was watching like WE or something. Blech!

Yeah, when I get to the labs and the Super Metroid item room music plays, I use the changemus command and play the actual spc. It sounds more fitting.

Well, I don't know if you noticed, but the AD version isn't exactly what's in the original Super Metroid. It's close, but indeed, there are differences.

Yeah, the AD version is a midi. It can't be EXACTLY the same, but still, its good but I'd rather use the original SPC. It sounds more fitting.

Bloodskull, what channel did you see that commercial on?

Well, my grandma always watches channels like WE and stuff, but I'm not gonna watch that for a commercial. Blech!

I'll watch CC.

Scuba Steve said:

It's been known to happen.

Did Metal Slug use the Contra music or is it a variation of it?

CapNapalm said:

Did Metal Slug use the Contra music or is it a variation of it?

No. Both have their own proprietary music.

Yeah...do you know where I can get Metal Slug music for the 1st one and stuff? It seems vgmusic only has Metal Slug X music.

No luck with that commercial.

Not for MS1. The site I posted in the blog music forum has an incomplete MS music collection, but a collection still: http://metalslug.gry-online.pl/pl/muzyka.php

The only mp3s I have are ones I made myself, which are from the endings for MS1 and MSX. I beat the game, then turned on record with the particular emulator I was using. This doesn't work out for the actual levels since I gotta make noise defending myself, plus the game starts to complain by yelling GO, which gets on the recordings as well.

Bloodskull said:

Uh Comedy Central sometimes, then on adultswim at times.

Really! How about that...

I watch Adult Swim every night, but I have yet to see it. Still, I'm bound to see it.

[off topic]It'll take a while to get used to this avatar, but it's from my favorite show! (Well, that pic is from the movie)[/off topic]