Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

The Unofficial Megaman/MMX Appreciation Thread

Lizardcommando said:

I didn't add in Legends or Battle Networks because I haven't played those before.

Legends I would say at least try. I enjoyed the entire trilogy at least once (There were the two MML games plus a spinoff called Misadventures of Tron Bonne), however I tried to play Legends 1 again recently and found it insanely boring.

The same goes for Battle Network, which I remember liking... but then again, I liked Legends once too.

Legends/Battle Network looked so cool, to me, as I was a MMX fan and was looking forward to the next wave of MM games. However, to this day I've not played any of them, because of the pretty bad reviews they've seemed to earn globally.

In my opinion, the one that looks worth playing out of those two Megaman spinoffs is MM Legends. Maybe it's the fact that the game is not based off of a card battle system and also it's probably because the story is more interesting...

Ehmmm... if you play games for story, then I actually must warn you AGAINST MM Legends, because the entire series ends with one HUGE cliffhanger. Apparently they meant to produce another game in the series but never got around to it.

*Sigh* this is why all video game plotlines should be SELF-CONTAINED!!!

Megaman Zero is where it's at for the real storyline.

The real progression goes
Megaman --> MegamanX --> Megaman Zero

Apparently, Megaman Legends may happen THOUSANDS of years after those up there, but Battle Network is in a universe of it's own.

Btw, of interesting note, Battle Network is the same design team of Megaman Legends

Yea. What's sad is that Capcom copped out and made MMX Canon, whereas originally it was just an alternate universe. That, to me, screws over the entire Mega Man storyline right there (not that it had much of one to begin with, but it kinda sucks playing the games only to realize that, no matter how many times MM beats Dr. Wily, everyone's gonna die in the end).