Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant100

Interview on GameSpy

Three discs, confirmed. Weee.

They already started on their next project... hmm. Wonder when we'll get more info on that.

AirRaid said:

They already started on their next project... hmm. Wonder when we'll get more info on that.

My guess is that it's going to involve a shotgun, other futuristic guns, a rocket launcher, and a setting in space and weird organic dimensions.

Any takers? ;-)

-Jomero

mje said:

That new screen is pretty nice. :)

I beg to differ. Am I the only one who thinks that "Burnie" doesn't look nearly as well designed as the fatty, chainsaw and avg zomibes? It looks cartooney and less detailed.

Actually, I kind of doubt that. KIND of.

The artists at id have been wanting to get away from the whole marines-and-rocket-launcher formula for almost a decade now. Literally.

There was a lot of turmoil even in 2000, as one side of the team was really enthousiastic about doing another DOOM and the other was completely fed up with churning out similar-style stuff with every game.

We'll see what happens. Hey, I HOPE they make another futuristic gun-game, but I wouldn't bet on it at this point.

I think they'll be trying out the MMORG market. Along the lines of Quest.

-E

Burnie look alright. Anyhow it would be interesting if they made a RTS. I don't they have done one of those yet.

Peace,

The Bruce

Saw this on IGN, hadn't seen it before

IGNPC: Can we expect to see all of the same weapons in multiplayer that we'll see in single player?

Tim: Yeah except for the BFG. One thing we learned from Quake II is that people really don't like the BFG in deathmatch.

I assume it will be first person, whatever it is. I'm just not totally ready to believe that it will be a rocket launcher/shotgun game.

Szymanski said:

Tim: Yeah except for the BFG. One thing we learned from Quake II is that people really don't like the BFG in deathmatch.

Pfft. Whiners.

Besides, somebody will just put it in their custom maps.

Endureth said:

I think they'll be trying out the MMORG market. Along the lines of Quest.

-E

I doubt it. Carmack hates big business. And if you setup an mmorpg, well then, you got big business. Workers have to come in at certain times to check on servers, programmers have to update AI, rendering code, etc., every couple months. Its a pain in the ass.

Skeletor said:

I doubt it. Carmack hates big business. And if you setup an mmorpg, well then, you got big business. Workers have to come in at certain times to check on servers, programmers have to update AI, rendering code, etc., every couple months. Its a pain in the ass.

I said "along the lines of Quest" which as you know doesn't require any of that stuff.

-E