Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. NobodX

Another reason for not smoking...

such events are common. some people are just dumb.
a woman from kettering, a town near here and home of nacy cartwrite(SP), had a report some 12 years back about a totaly moron. this woman had her water shut off and needed to wash her hair, and thus use kerosen. she then decided, after "drying" to have a smoke. not knowing the flamable properties of the fumes, most like she was too high from the fumes. needless to say she burnt. i dont remember if she lived or died. i just remember getting in trouble for laughting at it.

smoking is a good way to waste your hard erned cash. my friend took up chew, which is far worse. good god i vomit thinking about it.

At times I enjoy toking cannibus, but it's usually through a water bong. Nicotine is not only gross but highly addictive. This is of course nothing new. The money spent on a addiction of any kind could be much better spent on something less harzardous and not self destructive. Somethign that could actually enrich a persons life as opposed to destroying it. I've smoked tabacco before and walked away without an addiction of any kind. Some of my friends however aren't so lucky.

Sephiroth said:

some people are just dumb. ... this woman had her water shut off and needed to wash her hair, and thus use kerosen. she then decided, after "drying" to have a smoke.

Ah, reminds me of a story I once heard (probably untrue, of course). In a cold winter somewhere in Finland, a man arrived at a petrol/gas station but found the cap to his fuel tank was frozen on, and wouldn't budge. The attendant tried pouring hot soup over it to unfreeze it. No luck. Then he got out his oxyacetylene torch...

(Excuse my language in this post)
When I turned 18 on May 2nd, 2004, I bought my first pack of Marlboro lights. And you know what I thought after my first one? YUUUCCKKKK!

And you know, being a guy I did what a guy should do, and that was to smoke some more. So I smoked one marb light a day.

and after one week, I was like, FUCK this.

Don't smoke kids, cause it ain't the shit. I mean, I tried to get addicted to smoking but I just couldn't. Your fingers smell like shit, your clothes smell like shit, hell, it even tastes like shit.
(When I say shit, I mean it tastes like you just chewed on some nasty ass tea leaves)

In the end, I just threw my pack away, not even finishing the whole pack.

Remember kids, don't smoke, cause chicks don't dig it....

and because its bad for your health. and it tastes like shit.

That is my amazing I didn't even get addicted to smoking recover story.

Skeletor said:

Your fingers smell like shit, your clothes smell like shit, hell, it even tastes like shit.

It must be shit then.

Skeletor said:

stuff

Man, that really is impressive that you didn't become addicted, even after smoking for a week. But that's good -- smoking is a waste of health and money. Not to mention you smell (and everything that you deal with smells) like horrible foul crap.

I used to think smoking made me look cool. Then I was wrong. DEAD WRONG. You see, I'm already extremely attractive. The smoking has a magnifying effect on my hotness. If I, in some bizarre alternate universe, were ugly-- then the cigarettes would do nothing to increase my outward appearance. But as it is, it only works to my advantage. To sum up: if you already have a face like a horse's ass, then no. Smoking is not cool. Cigarettes can't do all the work for you. Put them the fuck down. If, however, you are damn hot, smoke to your heart's content since it can only improve your image.

When youre sitting in the office
And youve emailed your mates
And read the online news
Now theres nothing left to do

Well ive got the answer
Its sitting right next to you
Its three inches long, it'll make you feel strong
So you know what to do!

Smoke a fag!
Spark one up!
Smoke a fag!
yeah yeah,
smoking is great, its really cool
and i aint no fool
*something*
I'm gonna smoke till the day i die, yeah!

They recently banned smoking altogether at my workplace. And the 2nd floor (smoking) breakroom used to be quite foul.

Sephiroth said:

such events are common. some people are just dumb.
a woman from kettering, a town near here and home of nacy cartwrite(SP), had a report some 12 years back about a totaly moron. this woman had her water shut off and needed to wash her hair, and thus use kerosen. she then decided, after "drying" to have a smoke. not knowing the flamable properties of the fumes, most like she was too high from the fumes. needless to say she burnt. i dont remember if she lived or died. i just remember getting in trouble for laughting at it.

Yeah, that one wound up in one of the Darwin Award books.

For all the cigarettes my dad buys in a month we could probably afford to buy a new house. I think he smokes at least 5 packs a day. Heh, nothing like paying money to gradually kill yourself.

Then we're lucky; less than £15 worth of rolling tobacco (see, we've got friends who bring/smuggle it back over from Europe) will do both me and Jay for a week. Works out at about 6 ounces a week between us.

Smoking is just stupid. Firstly it looks damn stupid when people suck on those sticks. It smells like shit too.

I don't know about you guys, but, I was never "cool" to begin with...and I didn't care, but I started smoking because it gave me a buzz...then again, I didn't start at 13 like a lot of people, but rather 16 (sparingly) and have been fully addicted since 18.

Now, it helps/helped ease my anxiety and everything that goes with that. I'd rather smoke and deal with sore throats and have it suppress and help me cope with my anxiety/panic disorder. So, I rather enjoy it as a relaxing and comforting thing.

I need caffine too, for the same reason...If I don't get my morning coffee...

OK, so we have an online community such as this, where most(if not all) members are known(if not revered) for not giving a fuck. All of a sudden we're supposed to care about the hazards of smoking? To hell with it.

Oh, and news flash: quitting sucks. Quitters never win. And they eat too much, too.

Quast said:

I don't know about you guys, but, I was never "cool" to begin with...and I didn't care, but I started smoking because it gave me a buzz...then again, I didn't start at 13 like a lot of people, but rather 16 (sparingly) and have been fully addicted since 18.

Now, it helps/helped ease my anxiety and everything that goes with that. I'd rather smoke and deal with sore throats and have it suppress and help me cope with my anxiety/panic disorder. So, I rather enjoy it as a relaxing and comforting thing.

I need caffine too, for the same reason...If I don't get my morning coffee...

Sounds a lot like me. I didn't start smoking til i was 19, and I can't get by without a coffee in the morning. It all helps when you've got a stroppy three year old driving you up the wall :P

Incidently, I heard that smoking reduces the risks of Alzheimers disease in later life. I'd rather have a bad chest than forget my daughter's name when I turn eighty.

Spike said:

Sounds a lot like me. I didn't start smoking til i was 19, and I can't get by without a coffee in the morning. It all helps when you've got a stroppy three year old driving you up the wall :P

Incidently, I heard that smoking reduces the risks of Alzheimers disease in later life. I'd rather have a bad chest than forget my daughter's name when I turn eighty.

yea but that could be propaganda, though it could be. however if you are a heavy smoker chances are you will not reach 80 years old. if you do you look like little more than a dried out turd. one of my great aunts is that way. she is nasty

i personaly will not date a girl who smokes. i dont even hang out with a good friend cause he chews, and i would rather see him smoke.

christ when i first saw him spit that shit out, i puked. it was in his car and i mean i puked. i told him to drop me off at my mom's house and that i would not be around him while doing that shit. he wanted me to clean out the car, i would have had he only gotten rid of his bucket of shit.

Spike said:

I'd rather have a bad chest than forget my daughter's name when I turn eighty.

Chances are, if you're a smoker you won't make it to eighty.

-E