Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lutz

Millennium News?

So, what's the deal with Millennium? Is it dead, or released, or what?

Lutz said:

I brought it up in this thread, but Lüt didn't take the bait.

When it DOES come out it will probably seem pretty average and boring, rather than the dooming classic it could have been if it had stuck to its october 1999 deadline, so i wouldnt hold your breath!

The reason I ask is that I was moving some files around and stumbled across my Millennium boss level -- I just wanted to know if that was ever going to see the light of day. As I said in a previous post, most of the level is one giant special effect, and I was thinking about re-using that effect in a level for Deimos: Anomaly Unleashed; however, is there is any chance that Millennium will be released (in any form), I'll hold off.

Just think, Mellennium is taking longer to get made than Doom 3 did.

Is that all it's lacking? I think I remember reading that a long, long time ago... haha.

Heh, i was googling something today, and came across an archived newdoom news post from 2001 about millenium saying "Just a few tweaks and i can create the final build!"

Every time you masturbate, God delays the release of Millennium by one day. Please, think of Lüt and the rest of the team.

Ichor said:

Every time you masturbate, God delays the release of Millennium by one day. Please, think of Lüt and the rest of the team.

Uh oh...Millenium will never be released if that's true.

deathbringer said:

Heh, i was googling something today, and came across an archived newdoom news post from 2001 about millenium saying "Just a few tweaks and i can create the final build!"

Heh

Third news item from the top.

heh, from the Millenium Site

Now, some people are wondering how the change of leadership here will effect a potential release date. After carefully reviewing every given resource in the project and organizing what's left to be done and who's to do it, the FINAL release date has been chosen, and it is:

Before Doom 3!

That's right folks, WE'RE KICKING ID SOFTWARE'S ASS!

I already called lüt on this last week. (Being a beta tester) :P

As for news... Uh... /me points at lüt.

http://www.doomworld.com/millennium/

Lutz said:

The reason I ask is that I was moving some files around and stumbled across my Millennium boss level - I just wanted to know if that was ever going to see the light of day. As I said in a previous post, most of the level is one giant special effect, and I was thinking about re-using that effect in a level for Deimos: Anomaly Unleashed; however, is there is any chance that Millennium will be released (in any form), I'll hold off.

Check the news update for the release plan (and the implication of your map being part of the last hub).

How about if D:AU is ready to ship before hub 5, you use the map there, and if hub 5 is done before D:AU, it stays as the final map?

Lüt said:

Stuff

Hallelujah and Praise be to the Almighty! It talks!

Heh. Just kidding, Steve. I know you can talk up a storm when you need to. ;)

Heh, you just picked the wrong forum to bait me in :P

I almost never go into the Classic Doom section at all. Maybe general or source ports just to see that nobody's detailing graphic death threads in a favorite-port war.

i would say it is dead.
nuff said. the only doom project that had my attention was action doom.

like duke4 it is never gonna come out. why dont they just release what they have done or state that the project is dead.

lut your toilet flooded and you didn't just go out and buy some paper towels or something?! I have moved many times and never had such issues.

either way i hope you stick to the promis and release it, at least the first part shorlty.

Lutz said:

Haha! That thing still hasn't been released? Things haven't changed much I see. :)