Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lutz

Millennium News?

Recommended Posts

So, what's the deal with Millennium? Is it dead, or released, or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Lutz said:

So, what's the deal with Millennium? Is it dead, or released, or what?

I brought it up in this thread, but Lüt didn't take the bait.

Share this post


Link to post

When it DOES come out it will probably seem pretty average and boring, rather than the dooming classic it could have been if it had stuck to its october 1999 deadline, so i wouldnt hold your breath!

Share this post


Link to post

The reason I ask is that I was moving some files around and stumbled across my Millennium boss level -- I just wanted to know if that was ever going to see the light of day. As I said in a previous post, most of the level is one giant special effect, and I was thinking about re-using that effect in a level for Deimos: Anomaly Unleashed; however, is there is any chance that Millennium will be released (in any form), I'll hold off.

Share this post


Link to post

Just think, Mellennium is taking longer to get made than Doom 3 did.

Share this post


Link to post

Is that all it's lacking? I think I remember reading that a long, long time ago... haha.

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, i was googling something today, and came across an archived newdoom news post from 2001 about millenium saying "Just a few tweaks and i can create the final build!"

Share this post


Link to post

Every time you masturbate, God delays the release of Millennium by one day. Please, think of Lüt and the rest of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Ichor said:

Every time you masturbate, God delays the release of Millennium by one day. Please, think of Lüt and the rest of the team.


Uh oh...Millenium will never be released if that's true.

Share this post


Link to post
deathbringer said:

Heh, i was googling something today, and came across an archived newdoom news post from 2001 about millenium saying "Just a few tweaks and i can create the final build!"

Heh

Share this post


Link to post

Third news item from the top.

heh, from the Millenium Site

Now, some people are wondering how the change of leadership here will effect a potential release date. After carefully reviewing every given resource in the project and organizing what's left to be done and who's to do it, the FINAL release date has been chosen, and it is:

Before Doom 3!

That's right folks, WE'RE KICKING ID SOFTWARE'S ASS!

Share this post


Link to post

I already called lüt on this last week. (Being a beta tester) :P

As for news... Uh... /me points at lüt.

Share this post


Link to post

I think zaldron's given up. The lazy bastard.

Share this post


Link to post

http://www.doomworld.com/millennium/

Lutz said:

The reason I ask is that I was moving some files around and stumbled across my Millennium boss level - I just wanted to know if that was ever going to see the light of day. As I said in a previous post, most of the level is one giant special effect, and I was thinking about re-using that effect in a level for Deimos: Anomaly Unleashed; however, is there is any chance that Millennium will be released (in any form), I'll hold off.

Check the news update for the release plan (and the implication of your map being part of the last hub).

How about if D:AU is ready to ship before hub 5, you use the map there, and if hub 5 is done before D:AU, it stays as the final map?

Share this post


Link to post
Lüt said:

Stuff

Hallelujah and Praise be to the Almighty! It talks!

Heh. Just kidding, Steve. I know you can talk up a storm when you need to. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, you just picked the wrong forum to bait me in :P

I almost never go into the Classic Doom section at all. Maybe general or source ports just to see that nobody's detailing graphic death threads in a favorite-port war.

Share this post


Link to post

i would say it is dead.
nuff said. the only doom project that had my attention was action doom.

like duke4 it is never gonna come out. why dont they just release what they have done or state that the project is dead.

lut your toilet flooded and you didn't just go out and buy some paper towels or something?! I have moved many times and never had such issues.

either way i hope you stick to the promis and release it, at least the first part shorlty.

Share this post


Link to post
Lutz said:

So, what's the deal with Millennium? Is it dead, or released, or what?

Haha! That thing still hasn't been released? Things haven't changed much I see. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×