Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

Zombies or Demons

Which horror movie monster is the scariest?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which horror movie monster is the scariest?

• Zombies
    • Demons
    • Both

I'm sure we've all watched many horror movies before, and my question is what is the scariest horror movie monster in your opinion. IMO it's the zombie cause look more realistic and they just keep coming back after they are killed and the unrelenting desire to just kill and kill scares me.

Demons are infinitly more capable.

Even though I love zombie movies, I'm going to have to go with demons here. I mean, most zombie movies aren't really scary... If they are, it's usually more to do with the actions of the living as opposed to the undead.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie with demons that was at all scary let alone good at all. I guess the Hellraiser saga would be an exception, though I didn't find those scary.

On the other hand, theres something scary about certain zombie movies, especialy the latest Dawn of the Dead movie. That got rather creepy at parts.

I think zombies are far more frightening. They bear a humanistic nature to them while still behaving like souless automitons. It reminds us of a deep, primal nature we fear overcoming us, yet we also are aware of. Demons, on the other hand, simply possess great supernatural powers and nothing in common with ourselves or other fellow human beings, which disassociates them from our emotions a great deal. While the drive for a zombie's behavior is simple, it is a rather potent one. While the demon's actions seem considerably more arbitrary. In the end, zombies win in the aspect of inducing fear.

Not voting yet, but i think i'll go with demons here. Zombies are kinda silly for my liking whilst demons are nasty.

As it has been said, demons are infinitely more capable. You have to consider what they are -- spiritual beings. Games like DOOM put them in a physical context, which wouldn't always be true. If you're weilding the power of Satan in your hands, I would guess that a slab of dead flesh walking around wouldn't be too much of a problem for you.

Demons are infinately more potential to be scary. Zombies just get old after a while.

Heh, the only reason I think zombies are scarier is because they are more realistic. A person who is reanimated after dying is more believeable then a supernatural being from another world.

Job said:

I think zombies are far more frightening. They bear a humanistic nature to them while still behaving like souless automitons. It reminds us of a deep, primal nature we fear overcoming us, yet we also are aware of. Demons, on the other hand, simply possess great supernatural powers and nothing in common with ourselves or other fellow human beings, which disassociates them from our emotions a great deal. While the drive for a zombie's behavior is simple, it is a rather potent one. While the demon's actions seem considerably more arbitrary. In the end, zombies win in the aspect of inducing fear.

I’m voting demons just because you said all that. -.-

Zombie movies tend to be action-packed or unintentionally hilarious ("Zombie Flesh Eaters 2" is the funniest thing ever..), they are great entertainment but far from "horror" (i watch them for the gore anyway, i just love to see people torn apart, organs ripped out ect)

Demons on the other hand...er, well i havent seen any 'demon' horror films, unless you wanna count ghosts, in which case "Ghosthouse" was a little chilling in parts, if stupid, the Blair witch could maybe be counted as a demon, and that movie scared the shit out of me

Hm, then there is "City of the living dead", which has 'ghost zombies' who can appear and vanish at will, 'teleport' around and posess people (two people in the film become..er..wereghostzombies, ie they become mindless cannibals at night, but are normal in the day, others become normal ghost zombies who shamble around eating people all the time, and they are commanded by the corpse of a vicar who hangs from the ceiling and appears in front of his victims before they die)

Most zombies: Target practice.
Most demons: Use you as target practice :-P

deathbringer said:

Demons on the other hand...er, well i havent seen any 'demon' horror films, unless you wanna count ghosts, in which case "Ghosthouse" was a little chilling in parts, if stupid, the Blair witch could maybe be counted as a demon, and that movie scared the shit out of me

You can't leave out the Omen (which I suppose you'd call that), the Excorcist (at least for its time) and perhaps Poltergeist.

I almost said the excorcist, but i havent seen it so didnt put it in, and ive only seen bits of the omen

Ah well, when i go for horror movies, i head straight for the Vipco vault of horror budget ones, which are usually cheesy, badly-made, have pointless graphic violence (hence the term 'splatter movie') and arent scary

The Exorcist was a crappy movie and it wasn't all that scary. Of course, I've only seen the revamped version so maybe they fucked it up when they added scenes somehow.

Well, it's like I posted. The Excorcist was amazingly scary when it first came out. It's tame by most people's standards today. There are still a couple of parts that are somewhat disturbing.

I'll say demons because demons could be anything and could do anything while zombies just walk around trying to eat people. Zombies would be easy to get rid of also, just decapitate them or blow them up or something and demons could look like your worst nightmare or your biggest fear or something. That would be spiders for me. :/

Then again, this is just what I've heard so meh.