Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Revenant100

Spawning chickens and pigs in Doom?

I know this might seem like a silly question, but it would help with the level I'm making (A army of demons taking on waves of chickens and pigs in an entirely non-comical situation is how I envision it). Is it possible to place the Heretic and Hexen chickens and pigs as monsters in zDoom? I know you can summon them from the console, and if you add the needed graphics and sounds they'll work perfectly, but I don't know the id number they have in any game, if they do have one. The closest I can figure out how to circumvent this is look into what the DECORATE lump is supposed to do and make my own chicken and pig, but since I play neither Hexen or Heretic and I don't know how the DEOCORATE lump works, that poses a problem.

Its possible, but you need to provide all sprites and sounds for the "monster" in your WAD file. If you need a more detailed answer you can get it at the ZDoom forums.

Assuming you have added all the sprites required for both animals add the following to the DECORATE lump:

ACTOR DoomChicken : Chicken 20000
{
}

ACTOR DoomPig : Pig 20001
{
}
Although you can use the originals in Doom as well they have no editor numbers so this makes putting them in maps much easier.