Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Replacing the berserk patch with the fighters axe in zdoom.

Alright, I’m toying around with this idea… I want to add extra weapons to zdoom, but I also want to be able to pick them up in normal doom maps. So I want to know if it’s possible using decorate to get a map to spawn a fighters axe from hexen in place of a berserk patch.

If that is possible, then could I also spawn the clerics eye staff in place of a plasma rifle and have it use cells for ammo (i.e. so it and the BFG would share ammo?

Captain Red said:

Alright, I’m toying around with this idea… I want to add extra weapons to zdoom, but I also want to be able to pick them up in normal doom maps. So I want to know if it’s possible using decorate to get a map to spawn a fighters axe from hexen in place of a berserk patch.

If that is possible, then could I also spawn the clerics eye staff in place of a plasma rifle and have it use cells for ammo (i.e. so it and the BFG would share ammo?

You can spawn a fighter's axe using spawnspot (provided you give it the graphics), but you can't change it's behaviour.

For the serpent staff using cells - you can't change the ammo type directly, but you can work around it using scripts. It involves a script that continually checks the amount of blue mana you have and changes the amount of cells you have to match it. I can give you a script for this (I have one which does this for rockets and flame orbs) but it is better to wait for 64, as you'll have a lot more freedom with the weapon and it'll be simpler to make, too.

To make it appear in your map, either spawn it in with spawnspot or create a fake pickup in decorate and have it run a script that gives you the new weapon.