Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Building More Doom

And now for some Classic Doom news that wasn't stolen from anywhere. I'm on vacation, but CodeImp asked me to post this anyways. Doom Builder has gone up in version to 1.62. There's lots of changes, so be sure to read the changelog.

FP! Nice, a new version of Doom Builder. Im not really a big fan of it actually, I only use it alot because I havent registered DeePsea yet, but that shall change soon. Doom Builder is a good editor, though, but it tends to get on my nerves alot. :P

Huh, the bug I submitted (dual monitors, and the mouse goes outside the first monitor in 3d mode) wasn't fixed according to the list. :/

Still, I should get it anyways and keep hacking away at Kill.

Yay new Doombuilder! And I was just thinking about actually making a map...

DJ_Haruko: That should have been fixed though. Are you on IRC so we can try some changes to see if anything else solves your problem?

Cool. Maybe I will have a crack at it... So many maps I'd like to make.

I think I found and fixed that bug just now and I have uploaded a new built (same version). However, it should work fine if you first go to Configuration (F5) once on click OK, then the setting it looks for gets saved properly.

Heh, cool. Just the right time for a Doom Builder update: When I'm in the middle of mapping! All of these bug-fixes/features added sound really nice.

/me downloads.

Added option to store settings (like additional textures wad) with map.

...HELL YEAH!!

Doom Builder 1.62 came with a bunch of new features and changes, but as with every new thing, it came with a bug or two as well. Because this is something to be expected, I have been on it for the whole day to fix them as soon as they got reported and now I have a little patch available to make it Doom Builder 1.63. You know where you can download it, but allow me to give you the link for all you lazy impse fockers: Download here :)

cyber-menace said:

...grrrrr I just got 1.62 an hour ago and now you update it again... oh well.

Yeah the update is another 880kB, which will take you WEEKS to download through your semaphore-flag internet connection.

There's a whole lot of whining going on here.

cyber-menace said:

...grrrrr I just got 1.62 an hour ago and now you update it again... oh well.

oh nos he fixed the program in his spare time at no cost, how inconsiderate.

sgtcrispy said:

Gradient Stairs and Cielings. Hmm.. How does it work...

John Anderson said he would have the manual updates for this version done by tonight, so that should be online by tomorrow. Ill describe it briefly here:

Make sure the first and last sectors in the sequence have their brightness/floor/ceiling set correctly. Select all sectors of the sequence in order as you want the smooth change to be applied. Click the button (or use a shortcut key if you set any) of the type of gradient to create (brightness/floor heights/ceiling heights) and be aware of the several minutes it saved you from doing each sector by hand using a calculator to calculate each value.

CodeImp said:

Make sure the first and last sectors in the sequence have their brightness/floor/ceiling set correctly. Select all sectors of the sequence in order as you want the smooth change to be applied. Click the button (or use a shortcut key if you set any) of the type of gradient to create (brightness/floor heights/ceiling heights) and be aware of the several minutes it saved you from doing each sector by hand using a calculator to calculate each value.

Woah, that's positivly SWEET.

Ai ai, im terribly sorry, I noticed the mouse in 3D mode doesnt work in this patch. Re-download the latest version and it will be fixed as well as an option for the exclusive mouse access.

CodeImp said:

Ai ai, im terribly sorry, I noticed the mouse in 3D mode doesnt work in this patch. Re-download the latest version and it will be fixed as well as an option for the exclusive mouse access.

And while you are at it, pleasepleasepleaseple...*many pleases*, add a thing editor inside the 3d editor ;)

Have you considered creating a SourceForge workspace for DoomBuilder so other VB/C++ programmers (such as myself) could join the team?

Im pleased with my "folders n' files" workspace :) Really I dont want to spend more time on maintaining a project site. If you want to code on Doom Builder, you can always contact me (lets start by email?) and get the source code to work on a specific thing.