Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

will we get action figures?

id mentioned they would do toys for Doom3. and that the company would be choosen very carfully. As we all know they are releasing a board game full of miniature tokens. Does this mean no chance of action figures?

I don't know the quality of these miniatures. but I don't think they can be too good being made out of plasic. and due to the fact they won't be something you asemble like the games workshop stuff. so they can't have deep undercuts.

Discuss..

What kind of options to they have for a manufacturer? isn't McFarlane the only worthy company for such a task?

That's what I'm saying... but who else COULD do them? They're saying they're being "careful" about who they choose, but what other options are there? I don't mean to imply that there aren't any other options at all, as I am not a follower of that art, but the only group that stands out to someone like me that is rather uninvolved in the scene, is McFarlane.

Well, if Mcfarlane does them, that means Id gets less profit. If you stick both logos on that box, then Id is going to get less of a cut of the retail cost because the Mcfarlane name is worth money in itself. If they go for a lesser known figure maker, Id can demand more. See what I'm talking about?

That's why they would be careful deciding. If the game does EXTREMELY well, they might consider Mcfarlane for the quality, otherwise they'll pick whichever toy maker yields the most profit for Id.

If Mcfarlane made them, I would probably buy a demon or two. I wouldn't even consider it with any other doll maker.

-E

Well, the McFarlane figures are excellent. However, the Quake 2 action figures I have which are made by Resaurus aren't half bad either! Very, very nicely detailed both in paint job but also on the more functional side. Also the Unreal Domina figur I bought only last week which is made by Radioactiveclown is great too. It doesn't reach the standard of the rest, my Heavy Metal FAKK2 (made by Moore action figures iirc) figures included, but presents itself properly ;) And I don't think id software will just let anyone make these figures. Here's a good pic of the Q2 marine btw http://www.collectorman.com/images/AA179.jpg

My woman has hinted a couple tiomes she wants the Dorothy figure from the twisted land of oz. But honey, Doom is coming? I'll tie you up later.

-E