Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
engineer

more occular torture from engineer

engineer said:

There really isn't much you can do with a warehouse.

Lighting, ceiling detail, varied wall features and textures, etc. There's actually quite a bit you can do with warehouse storage areas.

On screenshot 8, make that small crates shadowing connect to the large crate to the right of it. It would look alot better.

Heh, I did some crate lighting effects along those lines. Take a look:

(copy and paste into address bar, host doesn't allow image linking)
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/vile1011/DOOM0005.png
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/vile1011/DOOM0006.png

I am yet to even attempt tinkering with making lighting effects in my maps. :P

Those don't actually look that bad to me, I like the lighting jazz, as it does look neato and difficult to me. :D

engineer said:

There really isn't much you can do with a warehouse.

Oh yes there is. Murderous Intent's warehouse is adequate, and Murderous Intent 2's warehouse is one of the most detailed things I've ever done. Wait and see ;)

Seriously, for tips, try making a warehouse run into the open air for ceiling variation (Then you can make outdoor storage areas), provide plenty of windows, computer screens (For data input of completed orders, realismophiles :D) and height variations. Plenty of those.

And vary the actual crates more. We want big ones, small ones, some as big a yer head (Unknown movie quote; so sue me). At all angles, too. Maybe some on their sides. And maybe even get creative with come being held from ceiling supports (See the beginning of Vrack2... just pluggin a friend's work :D).

In short, get creative, dude.