Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
captmellow

checking back in

I've been away for a loooong time. The second-biggest hurdle has been my now-defunct capt.mellow@bigfoot.com email account, which was my key to the dw kingdom. Combine that with a lost hd & concomitant ftp pw, and I am effectively locked out of my dw pages.

Of course, the biggest hurdle was my own capricious departure from the scene to pursue other diversions. :)

Anyway, I have updated my email address in the profile.

I see the iwad has come along nicely, but still needs work. Is anyone still actively working on this?

Hi mellow - I'm working on FD in a non-wad capacity at the moment; renovating the website. This is almost done, I think some of us oldies shall be organising some kind of publicity for the up coming 3 year anniversary of freedoom.

I think (but I'm not certain) that submissions have trickled to a halt in recent times but the project hasn't generated news or interest for a while so thats hardly suprising. I think we can get back up to speed and I am still confident we can reach 100% at least :)

Well, I am willing to give Yadex a spin and help out with some levels. My own mapping experience is limited to a ZDoom CTF map, which I made a loooong time ago and played with Carnevil on Doomserv, and a few other unreleased dm maps. It looks like all the maps are already assigned, but many of them were assigned 1-2 years ago, so perhaps some of them have been abandoned?

BTW I heard Tarin mention that his map02 is done, and so that 'in dev' status could be updated to 'done'.

Also, I was glad to see my lava was still included, _and_ my song! :)

hehe yes I think the reserved levels should be chased up and freed if necessary. I'll get right on it.

:P I've emailed around the incompletes and reserves for doom2 at least; I'll do doom1 later. Awaiting replies and bounces.

captmellow said:

tarin? you now go by boris? why, pray tell?

Because that's my real name :)

boris said:

Because that's my real name :)

real names? tsk how lame

I think too few are doing too many of the work themself. I hope the release in Debian will bring more help to the project.

tony said:

I think too few are doing too many of the work themself. I hope the release in Debian will bring more help to the project.

Me too - we should start promoting it very soon. The new site is nearly done; I've recruited two more people to help on the site as well - http://freedoom.sf.net/newsite/

Rellik said:

The new site looks nice!

Cheers!

tony said:

Yea, when would it replace the old one ?

There's still quite a bit of the contributors section to write, then it will take over. I've just got a job so I have more free time (yeah that doesn't sound like it makes sense but it does - a lot of my time was taken up looking for a job..)