Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jomero

Anyone Know Where I Can Find this Article?

I remember reading an article a few years ago about DooM. It was basically a look back at DooM and had a lot of interviews with the iD people as well as bits of trivia on each of the article's pages. I could have sworn it was a Doomworld.com feature, but I can't seem to find it. I thought maybe it was the "10 Years of DooM" but upon closer inspection, that's not it. (plus I am fairly certain I read it a few years before 2003).

The article talked about DooM's creation, it's release, how Carmack got the idea for multiplayer code by hearing Romero rave about how badass the game was going to be, etc.

Anyone know what I am talking about? Anyone know where I can find it? I'd like to read it again.

-Jomero

I found that. But I don't think that's the article I remember.

On every page, off to the side, there were little bits of trivia like where idchoppers and the message came from.

Ichor said:

Try this one then.

Hmmm. Close, but not the one I am thinking of.

However, it's close enough! It'll give me something to read through again. :-)

Thanks!

-Jomero

No, that's not it either. It was written in column format, in the center of the screen, with pictures off to either side if I remember right.

But thanks for the links so far!

Nope. Sorry. :(

Maybe it wasn't a doomworld article after all. But it was a very good read and very detailed. I believe it had a lot of stuff written by old iD employees about their fond memories of the game. Romero and Tom Hall come to mind.

It wasn't the review of that book on Carmack & Romero, was it? But that's quite recent.