Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome, I am MidoriMan, an avid DOOM-er.

Anyways, I'm working on a TC that takes place in an alternate dimension in the year 2015. Basically, you're a former bounty hunter fighting an army of hellspawn (IE, all of the humans are replaced with imps).

Scince I use a Mac, it's a TC without usage of other people's engine ports. Expect more stuffs soon.

Finally, a Mac Doomer! I use a Mac sometimes myself. But shit on that, back on topic. The bounty hunter thing sounds pretty cool... However, if you had a PC and ZDoom, you can probably pull off some cool effects with scripted marines as enemies, and with wads like "City of the Damned" (awesome wad, Tormentor!) and "Fragport" (that megawad is cool as well, Ultimate Doomer!) to look at as examples, you could create a complex "bounty-hunting-esque" system that takes place in a tech-city infested with hellspawn.

Thanks!
Anyways, I'm also experimenting with DeHacked patches (via SimpleText, for DeMacked only works on Things) ala 'Batman DOOM.' Anyways, for an example, I redesigned the Pain Elemental to have 4 walking frames instead of 6 and stuff.

MidoriMan said:

Thanks!
Anyways, I'm also experimenting with DeHacked patches (via SimpleText, for DeMacked only works on Things) ala 'Batman DOOM.' Anyways, for an example, I redesigned the Pain Elemental to have 4 walking frames instead of 6 and stuff.

Yeah, but the codepointers must be a bitch since you probably don't have any references to look at for frame numbers, huh?

The last TC that I ever played which was developed on a Macintosh machine was Batman DOOM back in 1999.
And actually, although that particular TC was compatible with the vanilla/regular version of DOOM2, I felt that it was actually more intended for a source-port like BOOM.
So, even with a Mac, source-port support is possible, as far as I've noticed.

Yes, I realised some things that you'd need a scorce port for in the PC version can be easily done without one on MacDOOM (IE, the ability to play MP3's and such).

Also, I'd like to point the 'pre-history' of this project. I used to do TC's for the Mac version of Wolfenstein 3D (The latest ones have never been released, sadly). Anyway, When I found Laz Rojas' "WolfenDOOM" TC's, I bought a copy of DOOM II just to play them. After I enjoyed them, I began to work on some myself. As time continued, they became lukewarm, IMO. When I played Batman DOOM (a minor factor to D/L it was the fact that Laz Rojas also worked on it for some part), I was blown away. So, I had definate inspiration to make this TC (Though it'll never be anything like the Batman TC)

Why not use the Mac version of Doom legacy instead? There'll be a lot less fuss with hacking the application up...

The reason I'm not using Legacy is because it's mostly for OS X. I'm doing this TC on OS 8.6, on an original iMac to boot (IE, from 1999-ish).
Anyways, I'm working on the POSS-area sprites currently, with the whole thing going along smoothly.

Well, whatever it is that you choose to do on your Mac, I'm looking forward to seeing it some day on my PC...
Whether it requires BOOM or ZDOOM or JDOOM or Legacy, I don't really care :)
I'd just like to see it running on PCs without crashing!
Laz Rojas is a great fellow, so if you ever have problems converting stuff from Mac to PC, make sure you've got him standing by.

Anyway, here's what I got so far:

Most of the weapons
The [POSS] Monsters
Half of Jack's face sprites (IE, the mugshot on the bottom)
Very little of MAP01
And some other stuff I can't think up.

Say, did you happen to get the sprites that I linked you to for your player graphics? It was in another thread, but it's no problem to get the link again.

Darkhaven said:

a tech-city infested with hellspawn.

You really think they're going to build an entire "tech-city" in just 11 years? O_o