Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Even more new scans and a new review

Obviously I can't post them here, but I've seen scans of two new magazines. Both in German. Some spoilers:
- Mancubus is now seen as a whole (looks badass)
- The maggot makes it's first appearance (twoheaded creature, I like it)
- The vagary can be seen (a huge female spiderlike creature, looks like a boss to me)
- The Hellknight wears a pentagram on his forehead in hell levels
- A strange bosslooking creature appears for the first time. Attached to the bottompart of a tank. Looks really mean.
- The sentinel robot spiderlike creatures help you out
- Screens of scientista cooperating with you
- Some goodlooking MP action screens
- A new hellish type zombie appears for the first time
- The soulcube can be seen (looks like that box from Hellraiser to me)
- Lots, and lots of gore (flesh, blood and bones, marine hanging from the ceiling, a corpse hanging from an upside down cross, making your way through a wall of flesh with the shotgun)
- The 'Gollum creature' can now be seen as a whole. It is wielding a chainsaw. Looks very good, although I'm slightly worried they might have ditched the previous chainsawzombie, which looked good too
The scans can be found in the doom 3 scans topic at 3DRealms. Overall I like the scans a lot. But I'm not sure about the Vagary, looks a little too cliche maybe (spiderwebs hanging around her). But maybe it'll be cool ingame.

Also, I found a new review at PlanetDoom:

PC Powerplay (a popular australian games magazine)

"No mention of "lame attempts at humour", the reviewer said it "provides a much needed comic touch" amidst the tension. Reviewer seems very impressed with the level design, saying that it's exceptionally well-done for a space station."

Some worthy quotes:
"DOOM 3 is akin to a heavenly experience."

"The bar has been genuinely raised for the first time since Half-Life. DOOM 3 is the best first-person shooter ever made."

"The DOOM 3 shotgun - and believe me when I say I don't speak lightly here - is perhaps the single greatest thing ever."

"DOOM 3 is an exemplary case of just how an exquisitely balanced weapon economy can mine greater depth from a seemingly simple situation."

"Shadowy figures dart across your periphery vision, crazed voices call out for you to follow, satanic runes pulse along the walls, the screen distorts or drips blood and you'll surrender control for a moment all in an effort to unsettle you and sustain an ever present sense of menace."

"... the tale is predominantly told via voice and video links with the other main characters, while the finer details are further fleshed out through accessing emails and video and audio logs on the PDAs of the dead or missing."

"Early on you find an email from a guy complaining that an ordered shipment of jackhammers turned out to be chainsaws instead. 'What the hell were they thinking?' he writes. 'Chainsaws serve no purpose on Mars!' "

Final Verdict:
For
- Gripping atmosphere
- Superb level design
- Perfect weapon balance
- Awesome graphics

Against
- We honestly can't think of any

Overall
A frighteningly intense experience and an absolute masterpiece of FPS design.

Score:
96/100

Sounds good. And I really like the explanation for chainsaws on Mars. Looks like they listened to the community's worries.

Have you ever played Quake? The Vore is that spider thing that shoots those purple homing missiles. One of the cooler monsters in the game actually, it can also be a serious challenge.

I feel sorry for the sad, sad people who will be forced to buy the xbox version. God, it looks so terrible compared to the PC.

I think there's different "monster" verions although the pentagram one might just be the baron of hell.

Well, you'll have to buy x-box Doom 3 yourself. Unless you want to pay me 100 dollars for a pc version. My army and I are in every major city ready to camp out all retailers carrying Doom3. We horde all copies then we resell em all on Ebay! You better hope the small store you go to gets more than 20 copies (for EB games) or 100 for places like Best Buy. I have that many people allocated for every place in that manner. .......this messgae brought to you by E-bay.

Or maybe you will run into a game store with your sweaty little hands to find all Doom 3 sold out. Then across the parking lot you see, omg, yes it's Jerry Fawell and his right wing religous nut posse with all the Doom 3 copies about to be burned in a fire! What do you do?

Or maybe Liberman with his anti-anything-videogames possee is across the parking lot tossing all the Doom 3 copies into a wood chipper! Omg, feel the rage.

Or maybe Rosie O'Donnel and her fat obnoxious bitch possee are EATING all the copies of Doom 3 because Doom 3 has guns in it. Rosie hates gunz. Omg, slap that fat, loud, annoying, lousy singing cunt!

It's true, the whole world is out to stop you from getting your hands on Doom 3 for the pc. There are people who think you shouldn't be allowed to play this game. There are people who want it for themselves. There are jerks who just want it to horde and sell on E-bay to poor saps in Europe who can't get it yet.

You'll have no problem getting Doom 3 xbox though, since no one wants it.

SWEET scans. I hope the pentagram huge HK is the Baron. That would be SWEET. And I noticed, that the kell knight has a green aura around his fists and acting like he'll throw something. (Yes i know img-timeline :P )

mediaxs said:

Well, you'll have to buy x-box Doom 3 yourself. Unless you want to pay me 100 dollars for a pc version. My army and I are in every major city ready to camp out all retailers carrying Doom3. We horde all copies then we resell em all on Ebay! You better hope the small store you go to gets more than 20 copies (for EB games) or 100 for places like Best Buy. I have that many people allocated for every place in that manner. .......this messgae brought to you by E-bay.

Or maybe you will run into a game store with your sweaty little hands to find all Doom 3 sold out. Then across the parking lot you see, omg, yes it's Jerry Fawell and his right wing religous nut posse with all the Doom 3 copies about to be burned in a fire! What do you do?

Or maybe Liberman with his anti-anything-videogames possee is across the parking lot tossing all the Doom 3 copies into a wood chipper! Omg, feel the rage.

Or maybe Rosie O'Donnel and her fat obnoxious bitch possee are EATING all the copies of Doom 3 because Doom 3 has guns in it. Rosie hates gunz. Omg, slap that fat, loud, annoying, lousy singing cunt!

It's true, the whole world is out to stop you from getting your hands on Doom 3 for the pc. There are people who think you shouldn't be allowed to play this game. There are people who want it for themselves. There are jerks who just want it to horde and sell on E-bay to poor saps in Europe who can't get it yet.

You'll have no problem getting Doom 3 xbox though, since no one wants it.

Stop rambeling your giving me a headache.

DD_133 said:

SWEET scans. I hope the pentagram huge HK is the Baron. That would be SWEET. And I noticed, that the kell knight has a green aura around his fists and acting like he'll throw something. (Yes i know img-timeline :P )

The Hell Knight does throw green fire balls at you because I already saw it in a video so dont worry its in there.

If you look at the Australian Doom 3 mag review there's a pic on page 74 of something huge that hasn't been seen before. It's towards the centre on the right hand side. It could even be the Cyber given its size....

quasi said:

If you look at the Australian Doom 3 mag review there's a pic on page 74 of something huge that hasn't been seen before. It's towards the centre on the right hand side. It could even be the Cyber given its size....

The scan that I have is too blurry to see what the hell is going on in that pic.

SupremeGeneral said:

I'm still upset no new news on Arachnotron and Spider Mastermind...

It's fairly obvious that the SMM will be appearing, judging by the concept artwork. And damn, does it look better than the original!

Spike said:

It's fairly obvious that the SMM will be appearing, judging by the concept artwork. And damn, does it look better than the original!

YES, YES IT DOES

GOD FORBID it comes out of a dark warehouse door like a Metal Gear or something................................................

About 20 monsters and all of the weapons were already shown in the recent trailers, so I guess we won't see too many surprises there anymore :(

Actually Willits said in a recent interview that id has probably shown about 10 to 15% of the game so far. Makes you wonder what else walks around in the dark hallways of UAC's mars base. Or maybe he was talking about the interiors, I don't know.

Alientank said:

I think there's different "monster" verions although the pentagram one might just be the baron of hell.

If this is as true, the cheap ripoff tradition involving the baron of hell and hell knight seems to be carried on.

Meh I don't give a shit about the baron of hell/hell knight thing.

As for showing us all the monsters and weapons already, we've just seen bits and pieces of all those. We aren't even sure what some monsters are or what they do for that matter.

Hehe thats awesome that those little robots help you out,Although I guess they'd only be around early in the game and when you reach that area with all the survivors in it.

And they'res a shot of a large 2 headed spider creature if anyones interested.