Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolfien-Toil!

Making a music video...[tool - sober]

Hello, just a thought (im not 100% serious about this yet):
I missed the good old days of watching quake movies.. and thought to myself.. why hasnt someone done any nifty music vidoes back in the day? For some strange reason i always assosciated Quake with the music video Sober by tool.. its brown, its dark and its fucked up..

Anyways.. here is the idea.. since Doom III is coming.. i thought this would be a awsome oppertunity to exploit the doom3 engine in an awsome way.. by remaking a music video.

Description :
The music video consists of some zombie-like humanoid shambling about in a dark wooden "apartment". If doomiii has the some similar wooden textures as found in quake or doom1/2 , then that would work perfectly. Im sure the dynamic lighting would work exteremly well in some scenes. There are some parts in the video that uses some "blur" effect, which i hope doomiii might incoperate in the engine. Also the ending shows this humanoid opening up a pipe of moving flesh.. In this scene im sure bump mapping would be very useful (as well as applying it on the rusty pipe)

So far i have concluded that i need:
-Mappers who can recreate the "apartment"
-Animators who can mimic the motion of the zombie man as seen in the vid : this includes walking, opening doors, and the "melting" scene
-no sound needed, only music playing in the background
-texture artists: if there are similar textures in doomiii, then we will use em, or else we'll have to make our own.
-modellers: again, if we can find a monster that resembles the man from the vid, then we'll use it.

Also.. if you havent seen the video, then do yourself a favor and watch it :
http://toolshed.down.net/video/sober/
(sorry... its real media :( )

Zolfien-Toil! said:

So far i have concluded that i need...

...to do this yourself.

Note that i said i was not 100% serious about this.. being that i dont really qualify to be even "amature" enough for modelling, level design or art work. This is merly a fabricated idea i thought of and the requirements it needed for such a task. Sorry if i didnt make that clear enough.

Zolfien-Toil! said:

If doomiii has the some similar wooden textures as found in quake or doom1/2 , then that would work perfectly. Im sure the dynamic lighting would work exteremly well in some scenes. There are some parts in the video that uses some "blur" effect, which i hope doomiii might incoperate in the engine.

You could always make your own wood textures and do the blur effect in a video editing tool.

And I agree, Doom 3 is going to be a great tool for Machinima developers everywhere. It even has the AviDemo command built in so you can turn demos into videos without needing an external video capture program. And you can specify the output framerate as well, so that means you can do bullet time without any fancy programming :D