Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

RTC 3057 Hub 1 Ready to Go

Yes folks, as promised, hub 1 of RTC 3057 has been released after a lot of work, delays and all sorts of other stuff. For anyone living under a rock the past while, RTC is a ZDoom partial conversion with a fully integrated and interactive story, and features some superb looking levels, top notch scripting and what Team Future hope is a lot of fun for you. From the website:

It feels really good to finally be writing this news post. For so long we have been at work on hub1 and rtc alltogether. Now, 1½ years after the demo release, we bring you the first hub of RTC-3057: Blue. It features 7 levels of top-notch zdoom quality. You are a cyborg, created against your will. You find yourself on a spaceship filled with foes. What happened? Who are you? How can you escape?

RTC-3057: Blue, hub1 is a mod for Doom2 using the powerful port of Zdoom. The hub consists of 7 levels and takes place on The Enforcer - a flagship of the Federal Commonwealth of Earth. Fight your way through haunted halls and frightening surroundings to make it out alive.

RTC of course requires the latest version of ZDoom, and with a filesize over 40mb (that's the compressed filesize, mind you), you'll need stuff to do while you wait for it to download. Might I recommend reading MancuNet's interview with Shaviro which we posted here the other day, and you may also want to grab the latest ZDoom 2.0 and configure it if you haven't done that yet (63a.cab is the newest as of this writing). Other than that, be sure to drop Shaviro a line about the wad, he loves that stuff. ;)

FP! IT'S OUT!

And if you have any comments about the interview, please feel free to share them!

************** PLEASE READ THIS KTHX **************

Do NOT use zdoomgl to play RTC-3057. Some things will goof up and ruin the experience that was intended by the author. Please, use zdoom.

Well, atleast this means next week's newstuff won't be a total wipeout .. mostly :P

Downloading now, there better be a damn good reason it's 40 MB. And that reason better not start with M and end with P3 :P

Edit : Well I've played it a bit, and so far I'm impressed. There's enough monsters to keep you going inbetween puzzles, and the reduced player speed adds a bit of challenge to the usual imp/demon/zombie fights. I'll play it more later ..

If you are having problems with the key bindings for logs/queries: Go to the controls menu in zdoom and rebind them! They are at the bottom of the list!

Wow. I've been playing for 30 min now and this is awesome. Not only does it have good atmosphere and design it's also a blast to play. Good Job team future.

udderdude said:

Downloading now, there better be a damn good reason it's 40 MB. And that reason better not start with M and end with P3 :P

of course not. it starts with an O and ends with a GG ;)

besides the music (by Julian) is quite awesome, well worth it, and 40mb is not a problem for anyone who isn't on dialup (those poor, poor bastards ;)

Wow, just finished this one and I am immensely impressed overall, absolutely superb job Team Future!

Nice wad Shav ;)

If you in some way don't want to read the logs.....DO IT ANYWAY!!!!
It's the best thing in the game!!!
I've played it through and used about 1½ hour, I am excited to hear how many hours you are gonna play it!?

..had a couple of scary moments with low ammo and health!!! :) DAMN

Epyo said:

I can't open .rars, why not just .zip it?

You're lucky I never deleted this after I uploaded the rared copy. We used rar cos it came out significantly smaller.

Epyo said:

I can't open .rars, why not just .zip it?

It was bigger as a zip, and they were trying to make it as small as possible.

Besides, there's plenty of programs to open rars, even free ones, so go get one.

rar is better for large file because they can compress more.

Damn, 40mb, im on 56k! Time to whip out my download manager, It just finished today with a 37mb download, I guess this will be worth it, once It finishes downloading next week and I get to play it. :P

Downloaded and so far I've enjoyed it except for the lack of health... I'VE BEEN RUNNING AROUND THIS SHIP WITH 6% HEALTH FOR 20 MINUTES!

cyber-menace said:

Downloaded and so far I've enjoyed it except for the lack of health... I'VE BEEN RUNNING AROUND THIS SHIP WITH 6% HEALTH FOR 20 MINUTES!

drinking soda is good for you

just a note, I found the bug in ZDoomGL that was causing the wackiness on the second level there. Somehow the way the maps are setup it was slipping through P_SetupLevel() without having the nodes rebuilt if the gl nodes were missing (which they are).

AirRaid said:

You're lucky I never deleted this after I uploaded the rared copy. We used rar cos it came out significantly smaller.

hooray