Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

RTC 3057 Hub 1 Ready to Go

On the personnal lift room on deck 3 I get an HOM pillar where the light is :/

Apart from that I just finished it and I got to say that it's totally awesome :P Good job everyone.

Captain Red said:

I love you DSL!

Is your satelitte for DSL detachable from your building? Also, when is your house vacant?

I'll be completely and totally honest. I don't think this was like "the release of the year" or anything; but that's by my standards. I'm not too big into objective based wads like this, and the computer interaction sort of got a little tedious for me. Call me crazy, but I'm an old fashioned "run into a room and shoot crap" kind of guy. (I liked Action Doom... *drool*) But I definitely like this wad, and it's real clean cut and nice looking, and some of the puzzles are... *gasp* entertaining. Great work on this thing.

DD_133 said:
Is your satelitte for DSL detachable from your building? Also, when is your house vacant?

I can download things faster!

Thats a feature. Your visuals start to malfunction when you have low health.

Also can someone post a screenshot of this reported HOM? No matter what I do I can't reproduce it.

Bravo, my virtual hat goes off to you. Very clean cut and wonderful job.

EDIT: heh, "William Hukg Rocks"! :)

By god, this has rocked my world big time and given me map ideas, but it'll probably be turned into crap like the others usually do anyways.

Whee, I just finished it. This wad was simply amazing. The level design was astounding, the textures worked really well, the puzzles were fun and not overly complicated like Hexen or Daedalus, the scripting was dead-on, and the the plot just dragged you right into the story. Really, RTC-3057 is everything Doom2 should have been. Well, except for the fact that it would have killed any computer that was around at the time. :P I think I spent about 4 hours playing the wad. Three of actual gameplay, and another full hour of reading the logs.

The only bug I got was the afformentioned HOM pillar in the personell lift in map03. I believe it appeared after closing the hangar doors the first time. Also, I think someone should proofread the logs a bit, because I found a bunch of grammatical errors in them.

Other than that, it was excellent. Possibly the greatest wad of all time. I can't wait until the full version comes out.

great detail, great story, great scripting, that's what daedalus should have been like.
props for the scripters the log/query system was some serious addition to doom and props to julian for the great atmospheric music.
i just missed some real action in some places and it sadly was way too short, otherwise still a pretty awesome wad.

keep up the good stuff.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Did any of you use the soda machine on deck02? ;)

Captain Red said:

by the way, who is the voice of the computer?

Manc is!

Okay after finishing this awesome hub, i've decided to write a review which you can read below:

After playing RTC-3057 Blue: Hub1 for a couple hours straight, one word comes to mind. Wow. Im sure we've all seen zdoom/otherport wads that have tried to not be like doom. Examples are Massmouth1-2, Void, Action Doom, Doom Raider, etc but RTC-3057 without any doubts takes the cake as the best one. The game starts with an interesting introduction, you seem to be floating through some blue place, but then you awaken on a bed, in a cell, in a ship with no idea what the hell is going on (unless you don't live under a rock, and have played the demo). Since all of us have played the demo you'll instantly notice changes in the level, at the beginning there are no monsters, and you start walking around, noticing dead bodies and destroyed lights, etc all over the place. Other changes include: a mirror in the bathroom, the fact that you have to close all the cells in the cellroom individually, etc. The demons do appear in deck04 (the beginning) but not until you have a strange hallucination... Im not going to spoil ANYTHING but i'l just say that rtc has the best plot i've EVER seen in a doom wad. The gameplay is completely beyond what you'd expect when loading up a doom2 wad. There is a logging system that logs your thoughts, and you can also pick up other people's/cyborg's logs and read them. There are also missions you must accomplish, there are Deus Ex style control panel's which you can scroll up and down and select choices, etc. Altough in the beginning you know nothing of what's going on, in the end you know alot more but it ends at a cliffhanger with many questions remaining unanswered. The wad looks good, in fact it looks awesome. Everything is heavily detailed and no it's NOT the worthless copy and paste style detail like in Vrack3 (Sorry Fredrik :() there are many slopes are over the place all of which are very graceful and help add to the already amazing atmosphere on RTC-3057. There are fans that actually move AND the shadows underneath them as well as though doom suddenly had a realtime lighting engine. In fact rtc NEVER ceases to amaze, even though i've spent alot of time wandering from level to level (it's a hub dammit!) looking for those darned keycards (I think im blind) I was always amazed by how good everything looked. RTC relies on architecture AND detailing and looks simply (even tho it's complex) amazing. Now onto the gameplay, rtc plays wonderfully Team Future didn't concentrate all their efforts just on awesome special effects and eye candy. It plays good there is alot of Action (tm.) but it's not a Hell Revealed blastfest. The player moves at 60% of his speed because some of the areas would be kinda cramped if the player was moving at the speed of the family car, and also so he/she doesn't miss out on important console's and details. The sound is well... awesome. Julian really put alot of work and effort into the music and it sound's great and really fits into the atmosphere, the music also changes as you go into certain places so it's not like in other wads when you have the same track looping over and over 500 times. Some other awesome features are the fact that there are different landing sounds for different types of floors, and when you shoot a wall there are special sounds to imitate the bullet actually bouncing of the wall. There are no NPC's in this hub (they're all dead :P) but from what I know there will be interactible NPC's in later hubs. Speaking of interaction the level of interaction in rtc is simply amazing. There is a soda machine('s) and actually come up, pick what drink you want and it comes out, hell you can even destroy it, and yes it DOES run out of soda! Nearly all of the computer console's are interactible and there are alot of things you can do using just one computer console. Everything in hub1 is very organized, thing's don't just happen for no apparent reason. For example: in one part monster's teleport all over the ship and as a side-effect the hangar door's suffer a pressure error and you have to fix that. RTC-3057 Blue: hub1 is in IMO the best zdoom wad ever created, the best wad this year, and certainly one of the best ever made (If not THE best). If you haven't downloaded this yet then get to it already! This is unmatched, incredible zdoom experience that nobody should miss!

use linebreaks kthx

Oh, and unRARing now. I'm looking forward to playing. :)

Dron is totally right.

This has to be one of the most well thought-out, planned, and executed WAD ever devised or made. Kudos goes to all those great people who are producing this masterpiece and best of luck to the finished project.

This is like a classic Doom version of Doom 3. :D

Great WAD!

So after finishing it I wanted to take a look at the scripts to see how it was done. No such luck. They weren't in there... :(

Relica Religia said:

Dron is totally right.

This has to be one of the most well thought-out, planned, and executed WAD ever devised or made. Kudos goes to all those great people who are producing this masterpiece and best of luck to the finished project.

This is like a classic Doom version of Doom 3. :D

All throughout the game, from the very first time I walked into the bathroom, I was thinking this. It's like a more fleshed out version of DOOM's story. :) I like.

WOW what a great wad!

I pity whoever has got to decide what the best wad of 2004 was when 15 years of doom rolls around..we've had Action doom, DV, RTC Hub 1, Millenium Hub 1 (?) and others...

Not speaking of which..i'll be downloading this as soon as i get home..cant wait!

Graf Zahl said:

Great WAD!

So after finishing it I wanted to take a look at the scripts to see how it was done. No such luck. They weren't in there... :(

Anything in particular you were looking for?

Shaviro said:

Anything in particular you were looking for?

Nothing particular. I just find it interesting to analyze stuff like this (after playing it, of course.)

[19:35:28] <SlayeR`> took a good 3 hours :P
[19:35:33] <SlayeR`> damn 56k
[19:36:18] <SlayeR`> worth it though, one of the best wads I've played

Yeah. Awesome job team future ;)

Shaviro said:

drinking soda is good for you

Damn... I didn't know that soda machine had any significant value... I just thought you picked a soda and it opened up. Maybe you should have sent people a CSA log when they got close to that machine.

cyber-menace said:

Damn... I didn't know that soda machine had any significant value... I just thought you picked a soda and it opened up. Maybe you should have sent people a CSA log when they got close to that machine.

well it's more of an easter egg! ;)
some of the testers didn't even know about it! :P

Too bad it gives you practically nothing! All the goodies were in the labs... well now that I've finished that in an hour and a half, I can safely say that it was very very good. I actually managed to kill the three hell knights before things returned to normal... erm somewhat normal... and then the special not going to be given away ending. HURRY UP AND FINISH HUB2!