Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

RTC 3057 Hub 1 Ready to Go

Thank you for making the default archiving of this WAD a .rar and not a .zip. People need to be weaned off of Winzip in any case.

Kickass hub by the way.

Bastet Furry said:

Hmm, couldnt you thnik of some friendly NPCs?

Think of the setting. You're on an abandonded space ship/station. The only people left are dead. And you.

AirRaid said:

Think of the setting. You're on an abandonded space ship/station. The only people left are dead. And you.

And a small number of people actually made it away in the escape pods.

Yeah, but that means theyre no longer there, and so they can't interact with you and give you stuff to do.

Fanatic said:

I wouldn't mind helping out too. :) I'd need some ramp-up time on ZDOOM editing tho, so I don't think I could make anything super-duper until then. Course I could help out with music, but I don't think my style would fit the project.

i find you do a better job with "nature" and "ruin" type maps anyway. i got into a huge fight with a friend of mine a few years over qdoom. i love it and i still do- but have you considered converting it into an actual quake1 mapset?

dethtoll said:

i find you do a better job with "nature" and "ruin" type maps anyway.

Well who says RTC is only about tech anyway?

Shaviro said:

Well who says RTC is only about tech anyway?

good point. i was thinking you might end up doing some other thing as well- maybe canyons something on the mars surface perhaps? perhaps a trek to the pirate base? heh, just throwing out guesses here :)

Wow, what an awesome wad. But I think I am experiencing some problems very unique to my computer. One is semi-frequent crashing of zdoom. I have played it on a friends computer, and it does not happen. The only things I can think of is the V3 I have installed sux or possibly my memory is got damaged somehow. I recently had a Geforce 4 burn out on me thanks to overclocking, so perhaps that dmged the mem, since my vid card and mem sticks are almost in contact with each other. The thing is my video card shouldn't be an issue in software mode, I think.

Also what really sucks, and I don't think hardware can do this(???) but I was playing for awhile, and had finally decontaminated the 2 decks that where contaminated. I went to the lift and tried going to deck 2 to nab that yellow key which had been so close, yet so out of reach, and zdoom prints an error to the console "Could not decompress cfile". I recieve this error somewhat infrequently when loading a saved game, so I had to start alternatively saving to 2 files. What is weird is I am not loading a game, but trying to go to deck 2. Initially I tried going to deck 2 from cargo, then the bridge, then I think the hanger and everwhere else but no luck for me. Man that sucked, I was an hour in and had done alot. I hope it doesn't do that shiat again, cuz I think I would have to start beating my computer much like Master Shake does when frustrated. I just barely entered Deck 5, again :(

Neway, I was wondering if anyone has trouble with their savegames or going to a deck in RTC. I would hopefully like to get this straigtened out without wasting money and getting parts n junk. Also is it possible for a video card to damage the mobo if it burns out?

We never came across any major crashing problems like that during testing. o_O It does sound like it might be specific to your hardware setup.

And in answer to your question, yes, sometimes burning out a component can affect the motherboard.

dethtoll said:

i find you do a better job with "nature" and "ruin" type maps anyway. i got into a huge fight with a friend of mine a few years over qdoom. i love it and i still do- but have you considered converting it into an actual quake1 mapset?

Thanks! I actually have not, but that would be a cool project to try (scripting too).

DooMSticK said:

Also is it possible for a video card to damage the mobo if it burns out?

Yes. Not only possible, most certain.
Better get a new Board+CPU+Cooler, new Ram and new GFX-Card... one generation behind the newest is sufficient ;)
Look at Doom 3, it even runs good with grandpa geforce 3.

This reminds me of Aliens TC, everyone was talking about that even though Doom 2 was just round the corner, now everyones talking about RTC even though Doom 3 is coming (well, based on the news forum anyway)

Shaviro said:

And a small number of people actually made it away in the escape pods.

OMFG yu0 spoiled part of the story without asking me first yu0 slimebag%¤#@½§!!!!!!
:-P

dsm said:

OMFG yu0 spoiled part of the story without asking me first yu0 slimebag%¤#@½§!!!!!!
:-P

Adn let me guess... Doctor White is among the survivors *g*

Heh. I think it's cool that people are thinking so much about the story. It's a compliment to Dsm that people are getting drawn into it so much.

deathbringer said:

This reminds me of Aliens TC, everyone was talking about that even though Doom 2 was just round the corner, now everyones talking about RTC even though Doom 3 is coming (well, based on the news forum anyway)

That analogy is not even close. Aliens TC could run on Doom or Doom 2 with only minor conversion effort. Doom 3 is a new engine and RTC would have to be remade to fit.

Ultraviolet said:

That analogy is not even close. Aliens TC could run on Doom or Doom 2 with only minor conversion effort. Doom 3 is a new engine and RTC would have to be remade to fit.

i think it's very close, irregardless of engine issues. besides, aliens TC had to be tweaked to work on doom2, right?

Ultraviolet said:

Doom 3 is a new engine and RTC would have to be remade to fit.

We've got a potential Doom 3 mod here :-P

Bastet Furry said:

Adn let me guess... Doctor White is among the survivors *g*

I thought he was killed, as his log 'malfunctions' in the same way as the other dead people's. It is a great story though, almost like a sci-fi novel. Perhaps it has a plot twist then...

I thought that the log is a feature of the ships computer system and it got damaged/corrupted by the raid ;)
So it is still possible to meet your creator.

Shaviro said:

"Am I your god, because I created you? Or are you my god?"

Cool sentence, might remember it. ;)

BTW: If you need any voice actors, especialy someone with a german dialect, i am here!

EDIT:
And it would be nice if the next hub would be released as a torrent and an ed2k too

Bastet Furry said:

BTW: If you need any voice actors, especialy someone with a german dialect, i am here!

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the offer.

dethtoll said:

i think it's very close, irregardless of engine issues. besides, aliens TC had to be tweaked to work on doom2, right?

teh dumbz. ATC was very close. RTC is nothing like Doom 3. EDIT: Also, irregardless is not a word. GOD I hate that.

Ultraviolet said:

teh dumbz. ATC was very close. RTC is nothing like Doom 3.

i'm sure your opinion is valid.

In my opinion RTC has a few parallels with Doom3.

And no, Irregardless is most certainly not a word.

deathbringer said:

hahhaahah what?! have you ever ventured outside your pod?!?