Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SupremeGeneral

The fate of Arachrotron / S-Mastermind

Does anyone know of the "in-game or not" fate of both the Arachrotron (mispelled) and/or the Spider Mastermind?

Will there be some or more arachnies, or one or more S.M?

Im sure theres a thread devoted to this, but judging by the pics, I think theres a possibility that, like the Caco/Pain Elemental, the "big" spiders were merged and made into an as of now unknown boss.

-The General

I am going to assume that the hassle of making sure that none of a big spider-thing's legs or feet clipped into anything or hovered above the ground made them scrap the idea of bringing back the Spider Mastermind.

Linguica said:

I am going to assume that the hassle of making sure that none of a big spider-thing's legs or feet clipped into anything or hovered above the ground made them scrap the idea of bringing back the Spider Mastermind.

Yea that would be quite a challenge now wouldent it.

They could have a spider mastermind 9r mutliple, just put them in rooms designed specifically for them as not to cause any visual glitches. (All's hoping)

I had the idea that those small crab-like helper drones the UAC uses might have a relation to the Arachnotrons. Maybe later some drones are reconstructed as Arachnotrons by hellish power...

On the other hand, with the Trites and the Vagary there are already enough spideresque monsters in Doom3, so they maybe have skipped the Arachnotrons.

Tetzlaff said:

On the other hand, with the Trites and the Vagary there are already enough spideresque monsters in Doom3, so they maybe have skipped the Arachnotrons.

Also, since they do have the Vagary and the Trites I wouldn't be too concerned with clipping problems. If it works for the smaller ones, then the big ones should work too right?

They're most likely just keeping the SM under wraps and perhaps saving it for a boss battle. It'd suck if they took both enemies totally out of the game.

They're most likely just keeping the SM under wraps and perhaps saving it for a boss battle

Yeah, but remember they whre not showing us many other enemies (cacodemon, mancubus ect) which have now been shown in magazines

But those magazines still have not shown us any boss monsters yet. I'm guessing that the Vagary will replace the Arachnotron, but the Spiderdemon might still be in there in one form or another.

The algebraic property of equality & gaming catastrophe:

If a = b and b = c then a = c

Vagary = vore

Vore = bad enemy

Therefore: vagary = bad enemy

Sufficient proof that Doom3 won't be entirely perfect and may possibly bear some suckitude within it's tantalizing, mysterious, shimmering cds.

Still, I miss the thought of walking down an elevated catwalk through a tunnel and seeing broken cars + PACKS of arachnotrons below me...

....Knowing, of course, that the catwalk will break and I will have to take em on !!