Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty

Can't find GeForce 6800 Ultra anywhere!!

Does anyone know a place that actually has these bada$$ video cards IN STOCK ready to ship?

I'm in full D3-prep mode and running into obstacles left & right. Couldn't find an MSI board, settled on the slow & more expensive Gigabyte. Now I can't find the 6800 Ultra, only a GT.

TIA!

Dusty

nvidia.com

I heard that nvidia will give you one for free,if you can prove that you jumped off a 9 story building without the aid of some kind of safety device.

LOL.

I know Nvidia's website, I just can't seem to find anyone that has one of their Ultra chipset (256MB) cards in stock...

:(

Dusty

All jokes aside, I don't think anyone knows were you live and can provide you with that information.Also your in the classic doom forum.

You might get a better response in the doom 3 section.

Demigod said:

All jokes aside, I don't think anyone knows were you live and can provide you with that information.Also your in the classic doom forum.

You might get a better response in the doom 3 section.

I was looking for a company that would ship to me. Mail order type company I guess.

I will also post in the Doom3 area, head up butt. Sorry.

Dusty

That is the link to the GT cards, not the Ultra.

I've already tried Pricewatch for the Ultra. Everyone either did not have them, were taking pre-order, or spoke so little English I have no idea what they said.

Thanks,

Dusty

Actually my main supplier had a few but sold them already. They are out, just very limited supply right now. Doubt I'll find one but doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks,

Dusty

Dusty said:

I was looking for a company that would ship to me. Mail order type company I guess.

I will also post in the Doom3 area, head up butt. Sorry.

Dusty

Get a good 256meg card off of tigerdirect.com they have cards up the fuckin walls.

Why bother? The GT does Ultra speeds no problem, not to mention they are the exact same card besides clock speeds and an extra molex connector. I have my XFX GT coming in the mail in a few days.

Alientank said:

Why bother? The GT does Ultra speeds no problem, not to mention they are the exact same card besides clock speeds and an extra molex connector. I have my XFX GT coming in the mail in a few days.

The GT does not have the same speeds, the Ultra is faster across the board. Sometimes by a good margin, sometimes by a small margin.

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Dusty

Skeletor said:

Has no one ever heard of pricewatch?

Click on video card, and click on the geforce 6800 Ultra link.

here is one link:
http://www.buyxtremegear.com/vc129109.html

Considering I used to advertise on Pricewatch when I owned my own computer company back in the 90's...

I called everyone on Pricewatch, NO ONE has any in stock.

Dusty

When I was buying my new system a month ago, I was looking in vain for the X800 XT. Now, towards the end of july, the first XT has finally shown up on my retailer´s list. I got impatient and bought a Pro.

Deathmatcher said:

I got impatient and bought a Pro.

Ditto. And I'm going to be trading it in for a 6800 Ultra when they're more plentiful.

Dusty said:

The GT does not have the same speeds, the Ultra is faster across the board. Sometimes by a good margin, sometimes by a small margin.

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Dusty

I never said it had the same speeds. I said it can do the same speeds. Anyone who buys an Ultra is a fool, spend more money that you could save and just download an overclocking tool.

I've been down the overclocking road multiple times and don't care to mess with it anymore. Its a pain in the rear and causes more problems than it is worth. So I'm the fool that will spend $100 more not to have any problems. To each his own.

Dusty

Alientank said:

I never said it had the same speeds. I said it can do the same speeds. Anyone who buys an Ultra is a fool, spend more money that you could save and just download an overclocking tool.

<dog> rrrr....ruff! ruff!</dog>

Dusty said:

I've been down the overclocking road multiple times and don't care to mess with it anymore. Its a pain in the rear and causes more problems than it is worth. So I'm the fool that will spend $100 more not to have any problems. To each his own.

Dusty

Obviously don't know what you're doing then. I've overclocked a lot and never had problems. My 2.4C has been at 3.12 ghz on air cooling for a year now, no problems, 100% stable. My 9800 pro was overclocked, no problems. This will be no different. If it can't do ultra speeds, no biggie. I'll still OC it.

Just because you have been successful with it doesn't mean everyone has. Its not worth my time to continue to mess with it. I'd rather spend the $100 more and get it from the manufacture as it is intended.

Given my computer background, which you have no idea what it is, I do know what I am doing. I know more about computers than probably 95% of the people on this board. I've had success with some, and failed on other attempts at overclocking. My favorite as my P2-300 overclocked to 450 on an Abit board. Saved me hundreds of dollars and ran like a champ for 2+ years until I upgraded again.

Mainly, as previously mentioned, its not worth my time to try. I'd rather pay the extra $100 and be up & running without adding yet another possibility of an issue in the middle of my D3 game.

Even Tom's Hardware has had trouble overclocking some things. I'm quite certain Tom knows what he is doing.

Regards,

Dusty

iD's said that people who overclock their cards may find that they'll have problems running DooM, as it WILL use your card in ways it's never been used before.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

I just noticed that zipzoomfly.com has updated their site and show the evga 256mb 6800 ultra in stock. They also have free shipping.