Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

Aliens Vs. Predator movie

I swear we've had a thread about this site before.

Anyways, i'm gonna see it asap, but despite my hopes i fear it's gonna suck. On the plus side, it seems that the cgi for the aliens won't be used as horribly as it was in aliens resurrection.

Otherwise i wonder if they're gonna have one of those alien-predator things (you know the result of a face hugger attaching itself to a predator's mug)

This movie is going to suck monkey balls because it's being directed by the same fucktard hack named Paul Anderson who onced fucked up the the Resident Evil story.

There is no doupht that Paul will also fuck this movie up into a shitty PG-13 rating cgi bitch shitty fest that pays no respect to the original films (The Alien and Preditor films are indeed rated R)

The movie is confirmed to be PG-13, in case you didn't know.

I'm *hoping* this doesn't suck, but I don't have that much faith in it. The man directed MORTAL FUCKING KOMBAT, for crying out loud!!

Spikes Opinion V1.0

Mortal Kombat = Not too bad.
Soldier = Quite good, actually.
Event Horizon = Fucking scary.
Resident Evil = Very good.

I was a bit miffed about the whole PG-13 (which will probably make it a 15 in the UK), but from what i've seen of the trailers so far, my only criticism is a distinct lack of Giger in the designing of the whole thing. Plus, CG is being kept to an absolute minimum, so no more extended shots of unrealistic looking aliens (see Alien Resurrection).

I'm not to sure what to hink about the certificate thing. Iirc the first alien movie is now a certificate 15 according to the bbfc, and AvP comics weren't too violent. Still considering the adults-only nature of the previous alien and predator movies, i'm not sure what to think.

Nightmare Doom said:

This movie is going to suck monkey balls because it's being directed by the same fucktard hack named Paul Anderson who onced fucked up the the Resident Evil story.

There is no doupht that Paul will also fuck this movie up into a shitty PG-13 rating cgi bitch shitty fest that pays no respect to the original films (The Alien and Preditor films are indeed rated R)

Paul Anderson didn't write the scripts, he only directs them. Fufufufufu.

I think it looks cool

The idea for this sounded good, but now that i have actualy seen some of the movie in trailers, i dont want to see it

Spike said:

Spikes Opinion V1.0

Soldier = Quite good, actually.
Event Horizon = Fucking scary.
Resident Evil = Very good.

My opinion:

Mortal Combat = Meh, at least it was better than Street Fighter.
Event Horizon = Some cool shots, but on the whole it was rather dumb.

Haven't seen the other two.

So I predict this will be one of those movies that you'll see once and think it's okay but then you'll not want to see it again.

First time i saw Res. Evil was a pirate vid - really bad quality. I re-watched it again on Sky Movies with Jay, and was still pretty impressed.
As for Event Horizon, were you not freaked out when they found the crew log? *shudder*

The movie, despite being set in the present, apparently has a lot of ideas from the predator franchise, like Blooding the young with alien hunts and marking the survivors' forehead with alien acid.

I think the pyramid trap is hokey tho.

We'll see.

Spike said:

ugh, have you actually seen it recently? I thought it was cool when I was 13 and I saw it in theaters (and I remained of that opinion for a while without a repeat viewing), but seeing it recently I have to say that it's an awful piece of crap (matched only by Street Fighter and of course MK:A, double ugh).

ya they seemed so much cooler when i was young to, but now when i watch them id rather be bathing my grandparents...

Ralphis said:

Paul Anderson didn't write the scripts, he only directs them. Fufufufufu.

Wrong! :) He both writes and directs most of his films, including Resident Evil and Aliens vs. Predator, as well as Shopping and the Sight. Though I believe in the case of RE he did almost all the writing, whereas he only wrote the basic storyline and the screenplay for AvP.

He's recently started writing for films that he doesn't direct, such as RE: Apocalypse and Necropolis. Of course there are also films he's directed but not written, such as Event Horizon and Mortal Kombat.

Anyway, I'm another of the minority who really like RE, and I loved Event Horizon, so I'm definitely looking forward to AvP :).

Arioch said:

The movie, despite being set in the present, apparently has a lot of ideas from the predator franchise, like Blooding the young with alien hunts and marking the survivors' forehead with alien acid.

I'm not sure what you mean by "despite being set in the present", since the Predator films are also set in the present (well, at least they were when they were originally made).

david_a said:

The movie is confirmed to be PG-13, in case you didn't know.

this is necessary in order to meet more public... they don't make movies to please some alien/predator hardocre fans... they do it to make dough. So they need to attract the brainwashed young tards because they will bring in the whole family. Money is money.

I don't doubt that the 4 Aliens movies could just as well have been rated PG13 given their content, and that there are very few reasons the Predator movies couldn't have been as well (possibly the skinned corpses, and the drug use(?) being of the relative few).

Twiztid said:

Drug use? I don't remember drug use in Predator.

I'm referring to Predator 2.

Predator 1 has such extremes as chewing tobacco.

Arioch said:

Predator 1 has such extremes as chewing tobacco.

Uh, do you not remember Jesse's infamous line in that same scene? No way that would fly in a PG-13 flick.

Predator has way too much violence to be anything other than R anyway. Jesse dying and the demise of the two black guys come to mind.

david_a said:

Predator has way too much violence to be anything other than R anyway. Jesse dying and the demise of the two black guys come to mind.

A lot of that "violence" is done off-screen, and as far as dismemberment goes, LOTR snagged PG13s handily.

Arioch said:

A lot of that "violence" is done off-screen, and as far as dismemberment goes, LOTR snagged PG13s handily.

cause it was a pussy movie, it had fruits like frodo and smigel running around. it sould classify as gay pr0n especially the last one. did you see the way FRUTo was looking at sam.

Arioch said:

I honestly don't know how you could compare the two. LOTR's violence is cute and fuzzy compared to the Predator series. I don't remember the wraiths disembowling anyone in those movies...

MaximusNukeage said:

cause it was a pussy movie, it had fruits like frodo and smigel running around. it sould classify as gay pr0n especially the last one. did you see the way FRUTo was looking at sam.

I know, what the hell was up with those two? I swear to god they were playing gay guys.