Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

Aliens Vs. Predator movie

That movie is going to be really really gay if it only has a pg 13 rating...even Scream got a R rating.

Goliath said:

That movie is going to be really really gay if it only has a pg 13 rating...even Scream got a R rating.

Man, horror movies are only good rated R, A or anything above that.. (if there is any) this one they will probly use the classic, scream then here a sound, screaming stops, *Thud*

NiGHTMARE said:

An r-rating does not a good movie make.

when it's a movie about two alien species killing each other and (hopefully) some people, it does. There's a certain gore factor to both franchises that would just not make them the same without it.

Examples:
- Chestbusters, people getting their skulls crushed by the alien's second mouth dealie, aliens tearing people apart, screams of horror, people stuck to the walls in pain and so on...
- The predator's brutal killing methods, scorching someone so you can see their ribs, shooting someone in the skull at close range (with that great brain splatter thing), ripping out their spine and skull, cleaning it off and clipping it to his belt, dismembering someone, stabbing Bill Paxton (best part!), slicing a guy in half and not cauterizing it with that sweet disc thing

there's a hell of a lot of blood in all six previous movies and none of that will be allowed in this film with a PG-13 rating. For example there's only small amounts of blood in LOTR, but the action is very, very toned down in comparison to say, Braveheart, which probably had some of the most realistic hand to hand combat battles.

I'm not saying the blood and gore makes the movies good, they're great for other reasons, but they certainly are a pretty big part of it, and add a nice touch of realism, I think. In AVP I was looking for an old fashioned type of Aliens or Predator movie (not surprising as both are in the damned thing), but I dunno if it will deliver there.

However, it's entirely possible that it got a PG-13 because the Predators and Aliens mainly kill each other, which doesn't count the same as them killing people in the MPAA's system. I have my doubts, but I'll still see it I'm sure (near 100% chance in fact).

Come to think of it, I remember hearing talk that there'll be an r-rated directors cut version on DVD.

Ack!!! A sodding PG-13 rating!? Argh, it's a freaking invasion! Invasion of the PG-13 rated movies!!!

if it had a good story like Lord of the Rings, it would be good, but i dont want to see to things fighting for 2 hours, i want to see blood, or something like that

PG-13 For real? Fucking jumped up jesus on cocaine christ! ARGH! Fuckin hell. I'm still planning on watching it the day it comes out. It could really use lots of vulgar lanuguage, mutliation, skinned corpses, and people screaming as their entrails get ripped out by aliens. I'm hoping it will be a good film. I remember when I saw Predator 2 all cut up on on some lame american television station quite some years back. Then I get the DVD and watch it again all these years later. Two entirely different movies.

POTGIESSER said:

...and people screaming as their entrails get ripped out by aliens.

In the first two films, there was a distinct lack of bloodshed (aside from the obvious chestbursters and the killing of Lambert and Parker) due to the fact that the aliens prefer to kidnap the victims and return them to the hive for use as hosts.
Only since Alien3 did the creature become really bloodthirsty.

Spike said:

In the first two films, there was a distinct lack of bloodshed (aside from the obvious chestbursters and the killing of Lambert and Parker) due to the fact that the aliens prefer to kidnap the victims and return them to the hive for use as hosts.
Only since Alien3 did the creature become really bloodthirsty.

Yeah but predators like skinning people alive and parading around in their skin. Yummy Yum.

POTGIESSER said:

Yeah but predators like skinning people alive and parading around in their skin. Yummy Yum.

Exactly like we skin the animals we eat.
In a slaughterhouse, I have a seen a cow getting skinned. They hang the freshly killed cow by the rear legs. They cut some crucial points and attach a part of the skin to a kind of cylinder. They make the cylinder turn and it takes the skin off like a mere cloth !! (it's not sticking to the bones and flesh, it's just put on). After that it's rather gore (with guts and stuff)...

So I can imagine how human skin can go in one chunk too ;P

Humans taste like pork. That's what my socials studies 9 teacher told me 6 years ago. He was a cannibal and he ate 3 students that would never shut up. But back to the seriousness of the story, he read this book about this white dude who visited this African tribe probably 70 years ago. I was stoned at the time so I can't recall exactly how long ago but it was when Africa still had the last few cannibalistic tribes. Anyways the dude visited this tribe and they offered him this meat they described to him as "long pig" He remarked about how delicious it was and the tribe showed him the remenants of the human corpse which they had cooked and served to him.

POTGIESSER said:

True; i just felt i had to correct you on the whole 'Aliens gutting people' bit.

POTGIESSER said:

So do I. Erm.... did I just.... no. ignore that.

PG-13 is disappointing. But I mostly want to see the Aliens and Predators rippin' each other up. THAT'S what I want to see. there could be no humans in the movie at all and I'd be perfectly happy with that. Humans suck.

There are indeed humans in the flick - Led by Charles Bishop Weyland, head of Weyland Corp (the founder of the hated Weyland-Yutani of the Alien Quadrilogy and the human likeness upon which the Bishop androids were based). And yes, he's played by Lance Henrikson :)

Of course there's humans, they get stuck in the middle of all that shit. Poor, weak, miserable fragile humans.... oh wait, I am one of those.. damnit!

POTGIESSER said:

Humans taste like pork. That's what my socials studies 9 teacher told me 6 years ago. He was a cannibal and he ate 3 students that would never shut up.

The only thing here remotely similar to pork is all your spam.

Job said:

The only thing here remotely similar to pork is all your spam.

Bacon's alot tastier.

Yes Humans do taste like pork, but the flesh has thetexture of chicken, the best of both worlds - I believe.

Come on, LotR is pretty damn good. The fighting really isn't so bad as it makes up for its bloodlessness by showing off the comatant's skills or whatever - I thought that was fun.

I liked Mortal Combat for the same reason.

Resedent Evil IMO was awesome, those were the most realistic zombies I have ever seen, even the continuity errors added to my entertainment. The only peice of shit in that movie was the machine gun flip the first zombie does ....... and the CG Licker ... attack. Besides those it was Brilliant.

I have faith yet in this director, and perhaps this movie isn't focusing on human deaths, alien deaths aren't realistic anyway as mentioned before so this could explain the PG-13 rating.

Janderson said:

Yes Humans do taste like pork, but the flesh has thetexture of chicken, the best of both worlds - I believe.

Exactly!

Janderson said:
ResIdent Evil IMO was awesome, those were the most realistic zombies I have ever seen, even the continuity errors added to my entertainment. The only peice of shit in that movie was the machine gun flip the first zombie does ....... and the CG Licker ... attack. Besides those it was Brilliant.
[/B]

Yes! Thank you! Everybody I've ever discussed that with has told me the same thing about the Licker. I found what really made it look like shit was the way the model was lit did not fit the lighting in the actual scene in which it was digitized into.

Janderson said:
I have faith yet in this director, and perhaps this movie isn't focusing on human deaths, alien deaths aren't realistic anyway as mentioned before so this could explain the PG-13 rating. [/B]

I have faith in a very good Directors Cut DVD. Perhaps after I see it I'll believe otherwise.

I'm catching this 8.12, midnight show. This way if it sucks, I might be too tired to care. :P