Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

What are you looking forward to the most?

Me personally, I'd love to hear the sound of the chainsaw. Hopefully it will be extremely satisfying. What are you looking forward to?

In one word: Cyberdemon! But there is other stuff, the overall experience, for example.
I mean, we are about to play a true new inhouse id Software title with a brand new engine - this event becomes more and more seldom! I remember the days when I first played Doom, Doom2, Quake and so on and I will make sure I´ll never forget the day I played Doom3 for the first time. First, I will look closely at the package, then I will read the manual from page 1 to the end, listening to eerie music. I will then have a closer look at the CDs and , damn, I will even smell on the stuff! Then, I will install the game. Then it is time to -no, not play the game. At first I will have a closer look at the directory and read the readme files and compare the content with previous id games. THEN, I will start the game and learn everything about the options menu, the console and so forth. And only then will I start the actual gameplay! Damn, I´ve been looking forward to this day for 4 long years and next week it´s about to happen!

Believe it or not, Im more interested in the sounds rather than the graphics. I already know the game will look pretty. I wana know how great everything will sound.

Endureth said:

Installation.

-E

lol

Amaster said:

Believe it or not, Im more interested in the sounds rather than the graphics. I already know the game will look pretty. I wana know how great everything will sound.

Yeah I'll be very interested in how everything sounds. The ambience is the music, so it should sound absolutely awesome. Pump up the volume...

Amaster said:

Yeah, that's my thang right there m8. I want to hear spooky noises and atmosphere.

I want to start blasting the Trites with the shotgun. I bet that will be a lot of fun.

Or . . . shooting the Zombies when they are down, just for good measure. I might even shoot them one more time while saying:

"The price is wrong, Bitch!!!!!!"

Mmmmmmmmmm . . . DooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooM.

etimmerAZ said:

"The price is wrong, Bitch!!!!!!"

ROFL!

edit: to bad they're not gonna include Soldier Of Fortune like dammage skins and mesh deformation.

Deathmatcher said:

In one word: Cyberdemon!

I don't get why everyone seems to be getting so worked up about the Cyberdemon. I never thought of it as a particularly important monster in the original games, though I'm sure the Doom 3 version will kick ass.

I'm looking forward fo playing the game.

Lord FlatHead said:

I don't get why everyone seems to be getting so worked up about the Cyberdemon. I never thought of it as a particularly important monster in the original games, though I'm sure the Doom 3 version will kick ass.

I'm looking forward fo playing the game.

Well, there are many other things that I´m looking forward to, but the Cybie is just THE monster for me. We early learned about the new zombies, imp and demon but the cyberdemon was just confirmed a couple of days ago. I remember the fear when I first met the cyberdemon. If I had to pick just one monster from the original game to appear in Doom3 and the others would be kicked out (which is not the case, fortunately) I´d pick the Cyberdemon.