Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DMFDxUconn

New to WADS

I downloaded a few of the wads that people claimed to be some of the best. I have Zdoom, but when i click it, it just launch's doom. How do i play the wads? Ive checked the FAQ and nothing there answered my question, i might have missed it, but i went through em all twice before coming here. please show me the way.

You can also try my little idea of quickly running wads:

- Set up a "Wadzory" folder, the main folder of where you put ALL wads in, including all iwads and pwads. Don't put your ports and engines in there.

- If you got ME, or XP, right click, then "Open With". Point to Zdoom, preferably 2.0.63.

Otherwise, if you got Win98 or less, you'll have to go into "File Types", pick WAD, and click Advanced to make a new opening action for it. Point to Zdoom there. Can be useful.

- And hopefully...that will be it! If it's multiple wads at once, or with a deh, then that's a different story.

Why not just drop them in the zdoom folder, and use the command <zdoom's dir> zdoom -file <name.wad> etc...
Alot easier imo.

Torn said:

Why not just drop them in the zdoom folder, and use the command <zdoom's dir> zdoom -file <name.wad> etc...
Alot easier imo.

And works exactly the same as vanilla command. Then you can always have a batch file.