Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kenny McCormick

South Park Mod

Hey guys. Now, I'm sure most of us are aware of the South Park PWAD out there that replaces the enemies with South Park characters. Well, I adding to that. Through the wonders of The GiMP and Sound Recorder, I am adding new images and other things. Once that is taken care of, I will move on to redoing the levels. This is a DOOM II PWAD.

To whet your appetite, here's the title screen:

Oh ya i remeber that old one, i loved it, but it never really worked... ill check this one out when its done...

I recall a somewhat old South Park mod. It had the sprites wad then the sounds wad. The sounds one entertained me for weeks. :D

Yeah, I think I have the old one. I'm not sure, but I do have a South Park wad. It was terrible. Two-sided sprites, no funny sounds, it was weird.

I played a doom south park mod, but I don't have it anymore because I cleaned out my doom folder a few months ago.

I have the one that comes with a .deh file that gives you infinite ammo on all guns and you play as Kenny.

That was fun for a while but the novelty wore off after about 10 minutes IMO. How is yours going to be different to the original, kenny??

That was fun for a while but the novelty wore off after about 10 minutes IMO. How is yours going to be different to the original, kenny??

Well, if I can manage it, I'll make show locations, such as the school, bus stop, etc...

Hmmm. Well, I've basically finished the sound mods, may go back and edit one or two other things. Now, phase two, the levels. Could someone lend me a hand with this, i.e. template levels, etc.? I'm still trying to get the hang of level editing. I will gladly give credit to anyone who helps. If interested, contact me. Contact info in profile.

Try to make this mod better than the one I have! Ugh, I can't STAND the one I have. It's so hideous and unfunny.

Yeah I want my cheesy poofs!

ya, sounds like its a big project though... but in the end i guess its worth it

Well, I've put an mp3 version of the title music in for those of you who want to run Legacy with -digmusic. It's encouraged, as it is the only way to access my new, very DOOM-ish intermission music.

Also, I've decided to go ahead and release my work-in-progress, so you guys can see how I'm coming along, and also suggest what you'd like to see. Once you get it going, End Game so you can see the title screen, and hear the cool music.

Unfortunatly, distribution at the moment is limited to me personally sending out the file through AIM, or whatnot. Maybe them big Spider Mastermind Admins will see this and be kind enough to host the file for me.... ;)

Anyways, if you want to try this thing out, contact me through here, on AIM at Goldeneye485, on Yahoo IM at krell_29505, or email krell_29505@yahoo.com

Legal crap:
DOOM (and it's official incarnations) is/are copyright id Software.

The sprite models came from a WAD I found by some dude named simply Stuart.

The soundfiles are copyright South Park Studios, and I did some Googling to find them.

WHEW!!

I'll play this when it gets finished. Just don't mess it up because I'm a big fan of South Park. ;)

Hopefully you've gotten permission to edit the pwad from the original authors or they no longer care. I remember a few problems with it like the sprites were too big and the speech was annoying as Eric and Stan kept saying the same thing over and over. Have you already worked on this stuff?

Piezo said:

I remember a few problems with it like the sprites were too big and the speech was annoying as Eric and Stan kept saying the same thing over and over.

If I remember right, you are Cartman or Eric or whatever you want to call him. It's not as bad as Simpson DooM. I mean I'm a big fan of the Simpsons to but that was really annoying...