Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freaks ghost

Gamepads as an option.....Yes or no in Doom 3

Hi there.........fasten your seatbelts for this "Q"....

Does Doom 3 have a "Gamepad" option?........Yes or no will do........

I have searched but could not find a direct yes or no.......

I just like the gamepads because I like to recline back with a gamepad over sitting upright with mose and key-board......I know i know,I do march to the beat of a different drummer........

So does Doom 3 allow for gamepads as an option....Yes or no?

Thanks for any help,a yes or no will do it.....no lectures on how much better a mouse and keyboard are is needed..........Thanks again...........

It should. Nobody really knows for sure though.

Oh yeah, and you might want to lay off the periods a little bit. :P

All of id's post-final-doom games (Quake and newer) contain some robust joystick(gamepad) support code. You should beable to get it working well. I got Elite Force (Yeah, it's a q3a engine game, who cares if it's not directly id) working on my interact HammerheadFX fine, though keyboard and mouse is still strongly recommended.

gargoylol said:

though keyboard and mouse is still strongly recommended.

I agree. Gamepads + first person shooters just don't mesh well. If you have more fun with a pad, more power to you. But if you ever want to do any sort of serious multiplayer gaming, you will get spanked every time you go up against a good mouser. A mouser with the exact same skill level as you will always have the advantage.

I ran into a similar situation because I am a trackballer. But, I am probably the best damn deathmatching trackballer in the entire world. :-D I still have to work a little extra hard to stay even with a REALLY good mouser though as there *are* some disadvantages to the trackball. But 99% of the time I held my own and usually came out on top.

Check it out
Proof that less team members mean nothing
Sigh, I'd never go back to a modem, but I was damn good on one
Wow. These are 7 years old.

Another gamepadder on DW!

I'd say 98% chance of yes and 2% chance of no.

I actually bought a flight stick with 8 buttons and a directional pad on the top of the stick to play fps with. ^_^ Also picked up a playstation pad clone with 13 buttons, built in fan and a whole bunch of other neat looking do hickys. I'll have to try them both out... :D

Freaks ghost said:

So does Doom 3 allow for gamepads as an option....Yes or no?

I guess it must (directplay you know)

But the question is : gamepad = playable ?

2 answers :
- casual or noobish play : yes, np
- hard core play : forget it, gamepad sux !!!!

Jomero said:

I ran into a similar situation because I am a trackballer. But, I am probably the best damn deathmatching trackballer in the entire world. :-D I still have to work a little extra hard to stay even with a REALLY good mouser though as there *are* some disadvantages to the trackball. But 99% of the time I held my own and usually came out on top.

heh neat, trackballing. My friend used to trackball.

OLD video of him playing (he mouses now): http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=52