Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Heinemann

question about #doom

When I am writing this here, I am once again trying to have a conversation in #doom (irc.webbernet #doom). Since two days I see only the topic:

Hi, i'm a topic virus! copy me to another channel! =-) #metal

And about half of the guests are germans. Nobody responds when I say something.

Since I am an irc newbie could someone please tell me what the rason could be? Do you see the same when you try to log in?

The concept is of an IRC Network. Webbernet belongs to IRCNet, which is mostly an European network. Separate to that is EFNet, which is where #doom(room) used to be. #doom, the one in which most of us hang out in is on openprojects, which is another different network altogether. Different people are on different networks, but if you're looking for us specifically, I recommend openprojects. :)

Oh and Ralphis, stop insulting the ops (like me) and finish Doom Kart. Then maybe we'll let you back in.

Oh and Ralphis, stop insulting the ops (like me) and finish Doom Kart. Then maybe we'll let you back in.

I highly agree with arioch on this one.

im banned from #doom also, many people are banned, it should be #banned, but anyways, what the hell is this post about again?

The concept is of an IRC Network. Webbernet belongs to IRCNet, which is mostly an European network. Separate to that is EFNet, which is where #doom(room) used to be. #doom, the one in which most of us hang out in is on openprojects, which is another different network altogether. Different people are on different networks, but if you're looking for us specifically, I recommend openprojects. :)

Hmmm, but the channels seems to be shared by different network? What has confused me was that I found #doom with all the people like, for example ebola and you, arioch on irc.webbernet.net. Or maybe it was mirrored. Anyway, now I am in openprojects and I had a nice talk yesterday, so thanks again.

Nah, channels are not mirrored, they are different from network to network.

I merely happen to be in #doom on all three of those networks, OPN, IRCNet and EFNet.

I merely happen to be in #doom on all three of those networks, OPN, IRCNet and EFNet.

Get a real life :P

/me spanks

HOLY COW! This single forum is enough for me... :)