Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SupremeGeneral

Doom III's possibilities

I mentioned this in another thread (D3 editor "So, whats your first map gonna be?"), but I thought it would be better said here.

Would Doom 3 be the first modern-game universal source port???

I mean, the techie-faciltities and Zombies are Resident Evil 100%
The trites and monsters ---somewhat--- are borderline Haloish
And so many movie-based games can be preformed with the engine:
- Alien
- Event Horizon
- Starship Troopers

Let alone the fact that we could write our own stories and scripts and make, in essence, our own video game.

...And i didnt even bring up the mod factor

I said it many times, Doom III will keep us very busy for a long time to come...

-The General

there was nothing to shoot in Event Horizon (very cool movie though).

we could make a really fucking scary version of Myst though, if u wanted to do Event Horizon.

Personally I think it's pretty stupid to sit around and try to find similarities in a game to another game, but maybe that's just me. Either way, Doom 3 is Doom 3, I don't see Aliens written on it or other game titles, so I couldn't care less (but I still must say the comparisons you've made are pretty stupid, sorry, there is no comparing Doom 3 to a game like Halo which is one of the most overrated games in existence).

I just think that thee doom3'ss engine has a shitload of pottenial to worek with you could make a lot of differnt kickas modss and tc's with it.

Tyockell said:

I just think that thee doom3'ss engine has a shitload of pottenial to worek with you could make a lot of differnt kickas modss and tc's with it.

But the one thing it won't be able to do is check spelling.

;)

-E

I don't think the Doom 3 engine would work for Starship Troopers. For one you'd need vast outdoor areas and the ability to display hundreds of enemies at once, something I'm pretty sure the engine is not capable of. Something like the Serious Sam engine, or why not the original Doom engine, would work better.

Unless of course you're talking about Starship Troopers 2. That is something I'd like to forget.

I want to see a Dawn of the dead mod. Trapped in a huge mall, lights out, zombies all around you. Only a couple of weapons. Could be good.

Dang.... forgot about the dawn.....

Now come to think of it, heres some another title:

- 28 Days Later (Especially the british-army occupied mansion and London

- Adding to Resident Evil, one could in theory make a "lab" or even a non-gothic Mansion... You wouldnt have to leave the mansion cause theres to plot-wise reason to. I alreadty love the mood, lighting, and environment of Resident Evil Remake, So Doom III would have to fight just a LITTLE BIT harder (and i stress little) to compare to RE-1's environment.

- And adding to the Alien series; I only saw Aliens (the original), and I have to say its a HELL of alot like the DoomIII colony

- And you're right too, Melfice, but hell movie-plot DoomIII levels are gonna be made anyway, so I just hope they're good.

-The General

Dude, Dawn of the Dead would be impressive if done well.

Flashlight, Pistol, Shutgun.
Huge dark sprawling mall level.
Maybe a hot chick birthing a demon spawn.
And of course a little messenger dog (built on a robo-turret)

id love to see something based on the PHANTASM series. those movies kicked ass (but the blockbuster by me only has the 2nd ant 4th for some reason, blockbusters never carry the 1st or 3rd).