Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Which is worse? Mario Brothers movie or Street Fighter movie?

As the topic states. Both are shit, but which one do you think isn't as much shit as the other one? I think street fighter is more shit. Let's here it people.

Do you honestly want to know the answer to this question? Damn.

the mario one was made so long ago i cant remeber much of it, but i remeber it had next to nothing to do with the games... and street fighter was pretty bad, but it had some good fight scenes.. ya right.. they both stank, but the stinker cheese has to be the mario movie... cause its older and made no sence to me.. bowser was a guy with spiky hair.. whats up with that!..

Are you kidding? Street Fighter was great. I can't get enough. Ok, it was really silly, but I liked in in a kitch sort of way.

Both movies suck gigantic dicks ...
But I'd say Mario sucks elephant dicks whereas Street fighter only does horse's.

At least Street Fighter has some so-so fights :P

I actually LIKED the Super Mario movie. I don't care that it's "not accurate to the Mario universe", or that "the casting was terrible" (I actually thought they did it pretty well). Just like the Final Fantasy movie, I enjoyed this movie. I still do.

Go ahead - flame me. I don't care.

I liked both the Super Mario Brothers Movie and the Street Fighter Movie. Though Bowser was odd in the movie and I cannot remember much of it. Though I hear the add for it on WTMK every now and then. :D

I hated the Super Mario Bros. movie. Nothing in that movie even remotely resembled anything SMB related. The Mario and Luigi portrayed in the movie did not look even a bit similar to the Mario and Luigi we all know and love (unlike the Mario and Luigi from the Super Mario Bros. TV show. They were dead-on accurate!). The Goombas, the Koopa Troopas, and Bowser were very retarded looking. Yoshi was nothing more than a baby velociraptor! They might as well have had a Tyrannosaurus Rex be Bowser, brightly colored Galapagos turtles be the Koopa Troopas, and some midgets be the Goombas.

At least the Street Fighter movie had actors who looked somewhat similar to the characters from the game...

Lizardcommando said:

(unlike the Mario and Luigi from the Super Mario Bros. TV show. They were dead-on accurate!)

Hey paesanos! It's the Super Mario Brothers Super Show!

That show ruled. :D Lou Albano was an awesome Mario. :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

Hey paesanos! It's the Super Mario Brothers Super Show!

That show ruled. :D Lou Albano was an awesome Mario. :D

YES!!!!!

[to the Mario Musac]
Do the Mario! Shake your arms from side to side; come it's time to go do the Mario, take one step and then again . . .
[/to the Mario Musac]

Dood, That show was too cool, sure I was watching it in high school, but damn. The Zelda cartoon was good.

Damn, major flash back, thank Weird Al.

The mario movie was barely mario related thing at all from what i remembered of it.

I need to see the super mario movie again, bt i think my vote's going for street fighter at the moment.

The mario movie isnt as bad as some people make it out to be. The first half hour is the worst since it's where the characters are "developed". But after that it's basically just a sub-par children's movie. Also, the elevator scene with the dancing koopas made me chuckle a little (I watched it recently).

I also commend the actors and actresses for doing their best with what they were given.

I've only seen a small bit of Street Fighter and I dont remember it well, so so no comment on that.

Lizardcommando said:

At least the Street Fighter movie had actors who looked somewhat similar to the characters from the game...

I see. Jean-Claude Van Damme, a midget french guy, was cast for the part of Guile, a blonde haired full-blooded huge American. Yea, very similar

HEY PEISANNOS, IT'S THE SUPER MARIO BROTHERS SUPER SHOW!

I might be going slightly off-topic there, but man that show made me laugh.

SF:The movie was great. Raul Julia poured his soul into the Bison character, trying to save the crappy movie from its since-imposed game->movie stereotype, and he carried that movie along with him until his untimely death.

Mario Bros on the other hand was crap, with crappy acting throught, not to mention shitty relevance to anything mario bros. I vote for Street Fighter the movie all the way.

How can anyone hate the Mario Brothers movie? I dont really care that it had nothign to do with the game. The set designs were wicked, the costumes for the Goombas were great, the setting was pretty cool, and Dennis Hopper owned. Oh yeah, and the Ba-Bomb was super-cute. ^_^ Really, its n ot one of the greatest movies of all time or anything, but I think it was done rather well and is an excellent movie for it's target audience.

Street Fighter, on the other hand, absolutely sucked. I think when I saw it, it was in the movie theatres and at someone's birthday party. None of us came out liking it, and were were a bunch of kids about 11 or 12 at the time. Really, it was boring as all Hell.

I think the only movie based on a video game that I liked besides the Mario Brothers movie was Double Dragon. I just loved how the captured the destroyed futuristic Los Angeles setting if anything.

I haven't seen the Double Dragon movie yet. I hope I can eventually, I've heard interesting reviews about it.

Ralphis said:

I see. Jean-Claude Van Damme, a midget french guy, was cast for the part of Guile, a blonde haired full-blooded huge American. Yea, very similar

Van Damme is Belgian, not French. "Muscles from Brussels", remember?

Anyway Street Fighter wins, simply because it features Kylie Minogue's bum.

NiGHTMARE said:

Van Damme is Belgian, not French. "Muscles from Brussels", remember?

Shows how much I like the guy, eh? ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

I still don't know what you Brits see in Kylie Minogue, seriously...

deathz0r said:

I still don't know what you Brits see in Kylie Minogue, seriously...

Thankfully, some of us have taste. Kylie Minogue should have been put down a long time ago. Preferably before Neighbours.

NiGHTMARE said:

That was Kylie Minogue? FUCK, I've got to watch that stupid movie again...

<--Is American